We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kladow

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
west midlands
14 posts
Save Topic
Kladow

Hi,

I was wondeirng, what is the best way of getting to Kladow from the Mitte district? and is it possible to just go for a morning?

Thanks xx

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kladow

You can take an S-Bahn or a regional train to Zoologischer Garten, Heerstr. (S-Bahn stop only, the regional train doesn't stop there) or Rathaus Spandau. From Zoologischer Garten you should take the bus X34, from Heerstr. take the bus X34 and from Rathaus Spandau you can take the bus 134 or 135. Not sure right now which option might be quicker. It really depends from where you will travel exactly and where exactly in Kladow do you want to go. You can check the journeyplaner on www.bvg.de The bus stop right in the middle of Kladow (where the shops are and a couple of restaurants, close to where the Havel River is) is called Alt-Kladow.

It will take you probably an hour (maybe a bit more) to get to Kladow. It is certainly possible just to go there for a few hours. It is a very nice suburb with a nice lake and a few nice cafes and restaurants but apart from that there is not really that much to see for a Berlin visitor apart from the Air Force Museum at the former airfield Gatow.

If the weather is nice you could also do a boat trip on the way back to the city centre. Take the ferry F10 (you can use the normal ticket, e.g. Welcome card, day ticket etc.) to Wannsee, from there take any S-Bahn going north back into the City Centre.

berlin
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kladow

Berlingal's way is shorter and more logical than mine, but what I was thinking of:

* Take the regional train (RE, not S Bahn) to Wannsee

* Take the ferry from there to Kladow (covered in the AB ticket!)

It is such a beautiful place...

But this might also be less practical if the goal is to go to Gatow airport, because to get there you need I think two additional buses from the dock in Kladow, but I might be wrong.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kladow

Getting to Kladow by train and ferry takes a bit longer than by bus but it's nice especially in the summer when it is warm and sunny. From the ferry stop to the "centre" of Kladow you can easily walk in about 5 min. If you want to visit the air force museum for example you just have to walk 5 min to the bus stop in the centre and from there you take the bus 135

west midlands
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kladow

Thanks for all the advice, I uaed to live in Kladow when i was very young, and just want to go back there for a morning, is it easy to work out which buses etc to get? my german is ok, but far from fluent! xx

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kladow

Kladow hasn't really changed that much so you will recognize things easily. The only big(ish) thing which has changed is that Kladow kind of has a small shopping centre.

You wont have problems working out where to get the busses from. Bus stops with the bus no. stoping there are easily spotted and you can use the busses I have already mentioned. The numbers are always written on the bus (front and side).

6. Re: Kladow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 04:16