We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waldbuhne hotel help

wales, uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Waldbuhne hotel help

Hi everyone,

I'm going to Berlin for a concert next month, at the Waldbuhne. I wondered if anyone knew of any hotels that are within walking distance to the venue? I've been looking, but not found much at the moment. I hope someone can help me, thanks!

berlin
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waldbuhne hotel help

Although some hotel search engines enable you to search by distance to a certain address and therefore find hotels within a walking distance (e.g. http://tinyurl.com/6doqxn) , I would recommend, unless you come *only* for the concert, to try hotels elsewhere: the Waldbuehne is in a suburban area with not much to do, and public transportation in Berlin is excellent, so even if you stay elsewhere, you will be able to get there quickly. There are also night buses (and at the weekend: night trains as well).

wales, uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waldbuhne hotel help

The website link you gave me is a big help, thank you! Yes, we will go to Berlin just for the concert-we arrive around 11am from Dresden, spend one night in Berlin for the show and then leave the next morning by train from Berlin hbf to Locarno. I looked at the hotels nearby from the link you gave me, and maybe it will be best to stay more in the centre. But I'm worried about getting from the venue back to the hotel. If it was around 1am or so, would we still be able to travel from the waldbuhne to the city centre without any problems? Thanks again for your help!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waldbuhne hotel help

I would recommend staying in the Ku'Damm area. You are quite central and will easily get to the Hauptbahnhof the next day. To get to the Waldbühne you can use the S-Bahn (the stop is a bit closer to the Waldbühne) or the underground and you wont have to change, you can go there and get back directly. You will also have no problems getting back from the concert to your hotel even late at night. Berlin has a pretty good and efficient public transport system and you'll get around whatever time of the day.

The majority of people who go to the concert will use public transport as parking is limited. Often the BVG and S-Bahn will use extra trains after concerts. Sometimes you will also have shuttle busses to the underground station. It will be crowded but you wont have any problems getting back.

As for a hotel in walking distance ... I don't know of one. I've lived in that area a few years back and there might be smaller B&B's but no big hotel. Apart from the Waldbühne, a riding stable, Olympiastadium and a few other things it is mainly a residential area.

wales, uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waldbuhne hotel help

thank you for the advice! I looked last night and booked into the Melia hotel. It looks well located in terms of getting back after the concert. Thank you both for the help!!

5. Re: Waldbuhne hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 23:17