We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

I posted something similar in Hamburg forum too, but I need somewhere I can hang out in Ku'damm area late at night. The catch: I don't drink, dance, speak very good German, am alone and female. I heard there are many places open till late in the area, but the question is, can I stay there with just a glass or two of soft drinks (or bottomless cup of coffee if there is a thing like that in Germany)? German equivalent of Denny's will do.... Your 2 pennies will be much appreciated.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

I'm almost in the exact same situation except I am with my cousin who actually lives in Germany. I'm staying in the Ku'damm area!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

I'm going on July 6 maybe we could do something

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

Starbucks.

Dunkin' Donuts has an Internet cafe.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

Hey morbendfel,

Whoa, bang on target! I will be there on the nights of 6th and 7th too! Let's hope someone local (or know the area) can chime in and give us some clues is to where to hang out. Anyone?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

Well yes, I'm staying with family and my cousin will probably know! I'll have access to internet so I'll post as soon as I get there. Let's not share other contact info lol I'm a bit scared

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

Thanks TelePort for the info. I guess there are places that are for the coffee lovers.

As for the personal info, that's understandable. Besides, we can send each other private messages thorough this board if need be (click on my ID, and you'll see send message icon in the next window).

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

Looked up both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Starbucks looks good, but if Dunkin is across the Zoo station, I am not sure if that's a safe area for me to be roaming around (and it's a little far from my hotel). Thanks though!

8. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2008, 06:38
berlin
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

Plus - the German equivalent of all-night Tandoori places or American greasy spoon places might be Döner Kebap places that are open all night long or almost all night long. Since it is quite accepted in Turkish society not to drink alcohol, it wouldn't look funny at all. Unfortunately, I don't know of any good Doener places near KuDamm, it is quite a touristy area, while what I have described, is where working class people finishing their night shifts go to eat.

However, since both of you sounded concerned about safety, Berlin is not like American cities, and it is pretty safe at night (use some good sense, naturally).

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Non-drinker's hang out place late in the night

Would you know of any other activities to do in Berlin? I'm staying for 3 weeks at my cousin's on Ku'Damm. I don't really drink that much.