We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for area to stay

Mostar, Bosnia and...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
looking for area to stay

I have been searching through the forum for the best areas to stay but i got somewhat confused because there are alot of areas being mentioned.

We are looking for an area which is most lively with a large concentration of restaurants and bars and good nightlife, don't mind if it's touristy.

Seems these three areas are the best to stay in: savignyplatz/ku'damm, hackeschermarkt,

prenzlauerberg. Can you pls explain the difference to help us choose the area that suits us most.

Which area is most lively in winter evenings/nights? and which has the largest concentration of restaurants and bars?

Mostar, Bosnia and...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for area to stay

any replies anyone?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for area to stay

All the areas are lively with bars and restaurant and all of them are central.

Hackescher Markt is the most central out of the three areas but I personally don't like it so much as I'll find it too touristy and in my experience many of the restaurants are overpriced (compared to other areas) for what is offered and I also often experienced bad service. I prefer the Ku'Damm (Savignyplatz, Ku'Damm itself plus the area around Winterfeldplatz/Goltzstr. which is not far away) or Prenzlauer Berg. Both areas are nice.

3. Re: looking for area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2008, 16:38
4. Re: looking for area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 12:25