We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 Days in Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WIsconsin
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
9 Days in Berlin

Hello! We just booked our 9 day trip to berlin! We will be there from November 29-December 9th!

We will be there long enough to do some "off the beaten path" things. Any suggestions that may not be in the guide books?

We plan on going out to Sachsenhausen.

Is potsdam still a good day trip, even in the winter? Any other day trips we may consider?

We are fairly young- 30- but we do not club. We do like pubs that offer local culture though- biergartens? etc...

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

Yes Potsdam is worth a visit, Sans Souci, Cecilienhof etc they are in a lovely park.

You might consider renting a car for a day to go there and explore some of the little villages/towns outside Potsdam, there is still quite a lot that hasn't changed since the wall came down

The Spreewald area is also very pretty

tel aviv
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

You can consider also Dresden as a day trip.

The irish pub in Europa center is a nice

If you like kabaret

www.friedrichstadtpalast.de/start/e/001.asp

usa
Level Contributor
642 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

Nine days is a great amount of time for Berlin; you'll have time to really explore the city. I usually suggest Sachsenhausen, so good that you're going there. You might consider a visit to the Wannsee Conference House, where the final planning for the Holocaust took place. It is an eerie place for that reason but at a beautiful spot, in a villa on Lake Wannsee. Public transport will get you there, first by S-bahn and then bus.

Spandau is a good half-day visit.

Wittenberg Lutherstadt is south of Berlin and can be reached by train or car; it is a very nice town and if Luther is of any interest, it's the place to go.

Dresden was mentioned as a possible day-trip, and Leipzig might be another.

In the city, I would visit the Kathe Kollwitz museum. Assuming of course that you like her work.

Have fun!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,321 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

Not sure about the Spreewald in November. The main attraction is the boat trips and i'm not sure they'd be operating in November (very much doubt it in fact).

Potsdam has enough to keep you occupied for a couple of days.

Off the beaten path (slightly) is Max Liebermann's villa at Wannsee but again November is perhaps not the best times as one of the attractions is the gardens (which was a them of many of his paintings).

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

what a coincidence, i will be in berlin too in the beginning of december, together with 6 relatives from upstate new york!

i would recommend to check out the Zitadelle in berlin-spandau, which most people do not mention to my surprise...

in regards to pubs, definately check out the "beergarden" on the kurfürstenstrasse on a thursday. it is a huge pub, on thursdays is karaoke time! lots of thirty-somethings around...

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

sorry for the confusion, the pub is called "beersaloon" not beergarden! check it out...

UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

I am going to Berlin for nine days also, but hopefully in May when it s warmer. You say that Dresdon can be dne in a day, how far is it from Berlin and how do you get there by public transport? I am also in my thirties :)

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

:)

you must spends few days off Berlin

as above mentioned, i would highly recommend Leipzig and especially Dresden(not that it's close to my town but it's a real nice place you shouldn't miss)

Enjoy it while you still can!

9. Re: 9 Days in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 03:18