We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spittelmarkt

London
Level Contributor
59 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Spittelmarkt

Hi

Please can you advise what Spittlemarkt area is like?

Is it very out of the way. I would like to be somewhere where there are places to eat as I'm traveling with my teenage son who is unresonably pickey There is a new Best Western Hotel opening there in October does any one know any thing about it?? Thank you in advance for your help ( I'm a little nervous of getting it wrong!)

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
186 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spittelmarkt

Hi antmusic.

I stayed in the Spittelmarkt area in february, and i thought it was very nice. A couple of stops (U2 Ubahn) from Alexanderplatz and cafe´s and restaurants.

The area is nice and quiet, close to the Spree.

I stayed at the Wallstreet Plaza, so i cannot comment on the hotel, but it is a brand new hotel, so i would go for it.

Have a nice trip.

Mentioned in this post
Alexanderplatz
Alexanderplatz
3,711 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
berlin
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spittelmarkt

You didn't say what is your son picky about, what he doesn't like, so it is difficult to say...

London
Level Contributor
59 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spittelmarkt

Thank you Schleins Girl

He likes Italian food, and chicken, lamb, and potatoes, plain food really.

I wondered if there were any restaurants in the immediate area as hotel room only and we will need breakfast

Thank you

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spittelmarkt

I would have thought you'd still be able to buy breakfast at the hotel even if you're on a room only basis? I stayed at the Park Plaza on Wallstrasse which is near where you'll be staying. There was a little cafe on Wallstrasse which did a great (and cheap) breakfast.

5. Re: Spittelmarkt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 06:22