We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

hello there

i was wondering how much are the beer prices in Berlin

self buy and pubs.

in Australia here if self buy can 375ml is $2.80 aus per bottol

while in pubs a pot (285ml) is around $3

this is local beer

durham
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

We were in Berlin last week and ate in the restuarants, food was reasonably priced about £22.00 for two of us. Inc starter and main meal and large beer. Beer was 3/4 euros for a large glass. Reasonable priced meals on the chalk boards outside restuarants, so you can check prices first. We were around the Unter Linden Strasse area.

Europe
Level Contributor
239 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

Cheap plonk in discount stores or the (equally cheap) Oettinger brand cost around EUR 0.40/500ml plus deposit on the bottle. Will taste accordingly.

In a pub/restaurant, beer is between EUR 1.50 / 300ml to EUR 4 (or 5)/500ml. But there's no limit really, I've seen EUR 8 beers in restaurants, and nightclubs may charge even more

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

thanks guys.

just wondering if there is a berlin beer at all.

and how much does the berlin beer cost normally in bottol shop and if its any good

last time in germany, i tried the lichen and the lawnbraw from munich, lawnbraw is not bad just lichen is too bitter

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,952 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

lungfish,

seems like you prefer wheat beer (can understand you :-))

There isn't really a Berlin-specific beer brand, unlike in many towns to the south. You will get almost all brands in shops or bars, but none will be THE Berlin beer. Just taste your way through the sorts...

There was a crazy bar called Bier Museum around Friedrichstrasse, I don't know the exact location - they have about 300 sorts on offer. You might like Belgian beers (Biere Blonde) or Kölsch, also quite sweet and tasty one (most assume it to be light, but it is very deceiving).

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

im not sure about the european brands.

the only ones i tried in australia are heinikan and becks thats european, which i preety good i guess

the Australian Foster is actually a really disgusting beer and sold really badly in australia but really good outside of the country.

no one buys foster in aus..

wheat beer is good, also like ale..

Europe
Level Contributor
239 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

Becks is actually a German beer.

The taste of a German beer will depend not only of the brewery itself, but also of the variety you buy. One brewery may sell Pils´(also spelled Pilsener), a rather bitter, bottom-fermented brew, Export (Lager), Weizen or Weiss (wheat), a local brew such as Alt in Dusseldorf or Kolsch in Cologne,...

Licher Pils is a Pils from Hesse, and they like their Pils rather bitter indeed. Rule of thumb: Pils gets more bitter the more you go north. Jever Pils (from Frisia, i.e. North Sea) is bitter to the point that I consider it undrinkable, but many Germans think it's just fine. Furstenberg or Rothaus Pilsener, two Black Forst beers, are much milder in comparison.

The Berlin speciality (although most beer sold in Berlin today is actually Pils) is "Berliner Weisse", a light (2.2 or so ABV) wheat beer, traditionally drunk from a large cup... and now for the unmanly bit: you drink it through a straw, and it comes in either "red" (w/ raspberry syrup) or "green" (w/ woodruff syrup). Read all about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_Weisse :-)

Local spe

Berlin
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

There are some beer brands which are brewed in Berlin such as

Berliner Kindl, Berliner Pilsner, Berliner Buergerbraeu and, of course, Berliner Weisse

Berlin
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

... Berliner Weisse being a whitebeer served on green or red sirup - if you like it sweet, you have to try! They even sell it mixed with sirup in bottles (0.3 l).

-------------------

In supermarkets you can get a glass or plastic bottle of beer as of 0,30 EUR (?) plus charge for returnable bottles (none are without this fee nowadays here!).

In pubs you can expect to pay between 1,70 EUR (0,3 l) and 2,50 EUR for the "house beer", depending on how costly the area is in general.

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

thank guys

seemed alchole is really cheap compared to the Australian prices.

yeh i think i'll try the berlin white.

Berlin/Germany
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: around how much are the beer prices in berlin?

Berlin has a few breweries with their own selection of beers..as mentioned before by others you have Berliner Kindl, Berliner Pilsener, Engelhardt but also Schultheiss Bier, which is a true Berliner. At the local restaurants and bars prices vary around 2-3Euros. In the shops beer prices are around 0.90Eurocent -1EUR for a can. You can also visit a Brauhaus, where Bier is freshly brewed and the food is quite appetising, for example the Brauhaus Rixdorf, Glasower strasse 27 in Berlin/Neukölln or the Luisenbräu, Luisenplatz 1 right next to the Charlottenburg Palace but you can also visit one of the many Biergardens in Berlin..enjoyyyyy :o)