We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mitte or Charlottenburg?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dabrowa Gornicza
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Mitte or Charlottenburg?

Hello,

which of the districts from the topic should be treated as the centre of Berlin? From what I read, I think that Mitte is the centre of the former East Berlin and Charlottenburg is the centre of the western part. But which district is more of a centre now, when we have one Berlin?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mitte or Charlottenburg?

My observation after visiting for 4 days in December- Mitte. Berlin though has many areas with centres that are well worth spending time in.

I stayed to the north of Mitte just off Oranienburger Straße and found it a great place to be. As I am happy walking i walked to many places within 30-40 minutes of here.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,310 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mitte or Charlottenburg?

Well there's still not one main centre but more sights in Mitte for sure.

Kudamm area for shopping and for Gedächniskirche (memorial church) and zoo; Charlottenburg palace is further west so beyond that "centre" too.

3. Re: Mitte or Charlottenburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 06:16