We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Near Train Station

California
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Topic
Hotels Near Train Station

Anyone have suggestions for a nice comfortable and clean hotel, preferably under $150 per night (2-persons), near the main train station – either walking distance or short taxi ride. We will be arriving initially from the airport, on 29/09/09, and 13 days later, by train from Dresden, on 12/10/09. I will be leaving Berlin, by train, to go to Warsaw on 01/10/09, thus I wish to be near the train station. At this time, I do not know what train station I would be leaving from (08:00 +/-)on Oct.1 to go to Warsaw or what station I will arrive at from Dresden, in the afternoon, of Oct. 12. I am still searching for schedules and fares on the Bahn DB website, but they do not seem to have fares that far in advance.

Lori

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
419 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

You could choose from dozens of hotels, pick one near a U or S Bahn Station. You could get from many to HBF in under 30 minutes, as long as you don't choose a hotel on the fringes, as Berlin is a big, spread out metropolis. I stayed at the Movenpick, and it was a 20 minute trip to HBF, even with a train change at Friedrichstrasse.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

The area near the Hautbahnhof (new central station) is still fairly desolateand has no hotels in immediate vicinity.

Friedrichstrasse is next station on some main line routes and also on S-Bahn: there are Meliá and NH hotels (both Spanish chains) right on Friedrichstrasse by the station (I think NH was the Jolly until recently). Excellent location also for sightseeing with many sights an easy walk.

You cd search on venere.com also, looking at that same area; it's a good site to compare prices quickly 8and has good prices)

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,539 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

I would also suggest to look for a hotel near Friedrichstrasse or Alexanderplatz stations. These are areas with many hotels, they are near many sights and you have a train every 1-3 minutes to get on your trains to Dresden (change Berlin Hbf) or Warsaw (change Berlin Ostbahnhof).

> but they do not seem to have fares that far in advance.

You can check for an earlier date to get an idea.

Prices won't change or at least not much.

You can buy earliest 89 days before departure.

You can buy tickets directly from Berlin Friedrichsstrasse or Berlin Alexanderplatz stations to Dresden or Warsaw.

Coming from the airport this plays anyway no role at all. A single ticket is EUR 2,10 and is good to travel to anywhere in Berlin.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

Assuming the aiport is Tegel TXL (which it probably is, in your case). However Schönefeld SXF, used by Eurpean budget carriers is in zone C for transport so ticket costs 2.80€.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

I have stayed at the Park Inn Alexanderplatz and will be there again on a month. Great location and you can find the best deals through their own website.

berlin
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

If you really want to stay at a hotel in a train station, there is hotel Intercity in Ostbahnhof. It is a major station, so most chances are that both your trains (Dresden and Warsaw) stop there.

California
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

Thank you to "abalada", Lynda, and all of the others who responded to my inquiry. I really appreciate each of you taking the time to help assist me in my travel planning. Your great.

Lori

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

We are staying at City Hostel 5-7 Glinkastre, near the Brandenberg gate. Very reasonable, 60 euros p night double with private shower. I think that might have continental breakfast included, can't remember. We have been told to get from Tegel to take the TXL bus to Unter den Linden and to walk from there on Wilhelmstrasse to the hostel. Or alternatively

Bus X9 to Zoologischer Garten.

- change to U2 direction Pankow.

- get off at the Station Mohrenstr.

- you will find us directly at the exit.

We are near checkpoint charlie and Friedrichstrasse

We have one case each. Any other suggestions? and is it easy to get out of the airport to bus lines? Are 2 med/small cases on the bus ok?

Obviously we are near Mohrenstr train station. One of the experts will no doubt help you. Also I would like to know is it easy to buy bus tickets at the airport ?

9. Re: Hotels Near Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 08:18