We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

London
10 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

Hi!

i am taking my boyf to Berlin to see a concert on at the olympic stadium. We will be coming for a 4 day break and the first night will be the concert.

I dont know where to stay - whether to stay in the centre of Berlin (Mitte) or to stay towards West Berlin and closer to the stadium? I am interested in either the Adina apartments or Askanischer Hof? However, nearer the stadium I have seen the savoy.

We would like to do all the sightseeing the rest of the time in Berlin but dont want to have a big problem by being too far from the stadium that first night.

What would be best all round??? Thanks and any help would be great!

:-)

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,000 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

Does it really play a role if you sit on the way back after the concert 10-15 minutes longer in the train or not?

You could pick a hotel close to the U-Bahn line U2 or the S-Bahn lines S9 and S75. Thus you can travel after the concert straight back.

S-Bahn and U-Bahn map Berlin

www.s-bahn-berlin.de/pdf/s-bahn_netz.pdf

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
975 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

We're going to Berlin in July to see U2 at the same stadium...After a bit of research we have decided to get a hotel in the Friedrichshain area which is in East Berlin...We opted for this area as I've heard there's loads of bars and cafe's and there's a street called Simon dach strasse which effectively becomes one big bar during summer(my kind of place)..

I get the impression the area is a bit like Shoreditch..An area that was a bit run down before but now quite cool...

I think its about 10 mins from the centre of Berlin but because the transport system is so good(much better than London) it wont be a problem..

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
975 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

And another thing..............Going back to your hotel after a concert is the last thing you should be doing in Berlin...The nightlife is fantastic....

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

We recently went to see Depeche Mode at the Olympiastadion, and just caught the sbahn to the stadium before the gig and caught the ubahn back after.

The transport systems there are very efficient [and cheap] so I would defintely recommend staying in Mitte or the east.

Dont stick to one area at night, try different areas [Freidrichshein, Oranienburger Strasse, Prenzlaur Berg etc].

Enjoy the gig, the stadium and atmosphere is amazing.

London
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

excellent - thank you all for your advice!

I think I will definately stay in Mitte or West and just use the public transport since is seems to be so good!

Cant wait! Thanks!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

I have booked my friends in the best western kant is this a good spot for a relatively short train ride to the stadium?

7. Re: Where to stay in Berlin when going to olympic stadium??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 05:16