We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Berlin- location, accomodation, & time

Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
First Trip to Berlin- location, accomodation, & time

Myself and 3 friends are traveling to Europe for 3 weeks. We're from Australia

We want to spend some time in Berlin as its supposed to be the one of the best cities in Europe.

We are all in our mid 20's and want to shop/sight see and party.

A few questions

1)Is 4 nights too long?

2)Where is a good area to stay?

3)What is a good quality cheap hotel located in the same area?

Any help would be great.

berlin, germany
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to Berlin- location, accomodation, & time

background: i live here, but i'm from the americas (charlotte, north carolina), and i'm 25.

4 nights is definately not too long- summer in berlin is fantastic! most of the clubs/bars/parties stay open all night, and people tend to party here til seven or eight in the morning. it's crazy. there is quite a lot to do here.

staying somewhere in kreuzberg/mitte/neukoln/prenzlauer berg/friedrichschein is great. these are the neighborhoods that are more trendy (and where a lot of the parties are!) there are websites where you can find a 'vacation apartment' or you can check around for a hostel.

usa
Level Contributor
642 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Berlin- location, accomodation, & time

4 nights is certainly NOT too long. There's plenty to see in Berlin.

I like the north end of Kreuzberg to stay, or in Mitte. Given your age and interests, you might like the area around Oranienburgstrasse (Mitte).

Define "cheap hotel" in terms of pricing ...?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
143 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip to Berlin- location, accomodation, & time

Although we are older travelers, we stayed in a private share bath room at the Circus Hostel. I would highly recommend the place. They also have private facilities and although we didn't go in, there was a very popular nightclub/bar (I think it was called Goldman's) It didn't open until past our bedtime:)

It was very popular with the 20's some crowd and even we, in our 50's, were quite impressed with the quality of the place, the inexpensive quality breakfast, and the location.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Trip to Berlin- location, accomodation, & time

In my opinion, 4 nights isn't long enough - I've been going to Berlin 3/4 times a year for last 3 years and have clocked up about 3 solid months there, and still can't get enough.

I would also recommend the Circus Hostel on Weinbergsweg. They do private rooms but the dorms are excellent (very clean) and tend to be on the smaller side.

Alternatively, check the Suite Hotel Potsdamer Platz. Rooms there can sleep 3 adults (two will have to share a king-size bed) and if you book in advance it can be as cheap as €63 a night.

5. Re: First Trip to Berlin- location, accomodation, & time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 06:16