We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggested day trips from Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Trivandrum
Level Contributor
172 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
suggested day trips from Berlin

Hi,

I am in Berlin next month and was wondering if there are any good day trips to nearby locations? I am travelling alone and not very much into museums and stuff but love to explore old towns, WW2 sites etc. Could someone give me any recommendations?

Thanks

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggested day trips from Berlin

A very nice day trip is Potsdam which is easily reached by public transport from Berlin.

There is a big garden/flower exhibition in Oranienburg until the 18th October. While there you can also explore the city which is nice and also go to Sachsenhausen.

You could also go to Leipzig for a day. Even Rostock and Warnemünde at the coast of the Baltic Sea is nice for a day trip. For that you should take an early train though.

Rostock
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: suggested day trips from Berlin

Rostock is an old town, north of Berlin. It will take 2 hrs 20 minutes and 17 euro in the cheapest train. You can see medieval restaurants, churches bombed during world war, old city center, astronomical clocks, german prisons during war, city wall and much more. The central attraction for European tourists here is the baltic sea. I see that you come from Trivandrum, Kerala,India and you may be expecting a hot beach. The beach here is not like in Kerala, its cold here. It will definitely be a new experience for you.

If you come here don't forget to visit medieval restaurants. Its called a Viking restaurant. Do you know what is a Viking? Check this http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/vikings/

The cheapest train details you can get here.

interconnex.com/tmpl/…

Good luck and wish you a safe journey

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggested day trips from Berlin

We have chosen to visit Dresden as a day trip from Berlin. We also considerd Leipzig but found Dresden to have more appeal to us.

4. Re: suggested day trips from Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2010, 04:16