We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please: I need to organise a weekend away In Berlin...

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Regency...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help please: I need to organise a weekend away In Berlin...

Hi,

I'm looking to visit Berlin with a group of responsible Egnlsh / Scottish men (not a stag do - a reunion). And need advice as to where the good restaurants / bars are in the city.

Please advise or any, and also if there any bee festivals in or around the city in MArch / April time?

We are a mid-30s crowd, possibly numbering 10 in total, and are interested to know if there are any activities we can do together during the day? (whetere they are action-packed or more laid back / cultural).

2 night stay - help would be much appreciated in helping organise out time in Berlin - bothj during the daytime and evening!!

We are all professiional people, well behaved family men, who don't have too much money to spend, but enoough to stay in a decent 4* 5* hotel, and eat well in good quality restaurants and bars.

Cheers / Prost

Czechers

Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please: I need to organise a weekend away In Berlin...

Hi czechmeat,

Just back from a week in Berlin. The one thing I can help you with is the restaurants. If you get the U5 from Alexander platz, get off at Samariterstr. Once up on the main street walk towards Frankfurter Tor. A short walk and you will come across an Italian restaurant called Roma. This restaurant wraps itself around a corner. Once you turn into the side street you will find that all the streets in this area is full of bars and restaurants. Plenty of options for a big group. Food a drink is very cheap.

Regarding hotels. We got a great deal in the 4* Alden Hotel. Located beside an S bahn station but nothing much around the area. Location ment that we had to take the train in and out of the city. Berlin is huge and so you will end up using public transport to get around. Enjoy your trip in a great city.

Regards,

Supervanman.

2. Re: Help please: I need to organise a weekend away In Berlin...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 07:21