We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe, clean and reasonable hotel in central Berlin bitte?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Safe, clean and reasonable hotel in central Berlin bitte?

Hello

Me and my mother are taking a trip to Berlin. It will be our first time and we are really looking forward to it.

I have been looking at hotels and the best I have come up with is the Ibis hotel Mitte. Does Mitte mean in the middle/ or central by the way? Its only 49euros per night which seems quite reasonable. Are there more central hotels for this price or is this as good as it gets for Berlin?

We are looking for a central location with good access to the metro

I would really appreciate any replies.

Thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe, clean and reasonable hotel in central Berlin bitte?

> Does Mitte mean in the middle/ or central by the way?

Generally yes.

In Berlin there is however also a locality/district Mitte.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitte_%28locality%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitte

If people talk about Berlin-Mitte they mean normally the locality Mitte.

Hotels interpret this more freely.

E.g. the Ibis Hotel Mitte is not in the locality Mitte but in the locality Prenzlauer Berg. Albeit just 200 meters from the border to Mitte.

street map with public transport lines

www.fahrinfo-berlin.de/Stadtplan/index…

Put in the street + house no. (i.e. in this case "Prenzlauer Allee 4") and deselect "Stations" (as we want to search by address). Some street names exist several times in Berlin - in this case compare also the postal codes.

I think you can do better than this one. The location is better for nightlife interested people than for the access to sights.

Give

http://www.hrs.com

a try.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe, clean and reasonable hotel in central Berlin bitte?

In 2006 I stayed at Pension Peters (Savigneyplatz) and liked it very much for the price. My brother and family stayed there this past July and also liked it. It is very close to the Zoo train station and, thus, very accessible to public transportation.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe, clean and reasonable hotel in central Berlin bitte?

i ve got a choice of all these hotels in Berlin

Ibis Berlin Mitte : 2.24 km

Ibis Berlin Potsdamer Platz : 3.21 km

Ibis Berlin Neukölln : 5.53 km

Ibis Berlin City West : 8.04 km

They all claim to be in the center. Which one would be the best for sightseeing? Does it matter if east or west berlin? I know Berlin Mitte is near Alexanderplatz so would that be the most ideal?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,928 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe, clean and reasonable hotel in central Berlin bitte?

From the location I would say Ibis Mitte or Ibis Potsdamer Platz (despite the name next to Anhalter Bahnhof).

5. Re: Safe, clean and reasonable hotel in central Berlin bitte?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 06:16