We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Topic
7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

I'm flying into Schoenefeld(SXF), and will use a 7-day Pass (for Bereich ABC) during my stay in Berlin.

However, when I looked into the BVG website, 7-day passes were to be purchased from 'U-Bahn stations.' (exact quote: "Die 7-Tage-Karte VBB-Umweltkarte ist in den Verkaufsstellen und an stationären Automaten im U-Bahnbereich erhältlich")

Does this mean I can't buy a 7-day Pass at Shoenefeld's S-Bahn station? I would appreciate if someone can clarify this, since I was counting on using this pass to travel from Schoenefeld to central Berlin.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

There are 2 BVG "Verkaufsstellen" (sales points) at the airport.

Reisemarkt in Terminal A (daily 04:00 - 23:00)

Reisemarkt in Terminal D (daily 05:00 - 21:30)

There is also a S-Bahn counter at the Schönefeld train station. Strange opening hours however (closing a couple of times for 30 minutes or so during the day).

s-bahn-berlin.de/fahrplanundnetz/…

The tickets are VBB tickets. BVG and S-Bahn Berlin are just 2 companies providing public transport for the VBB. You can buy VBB tickets from the ticket machines and counters of both companies.

www.vbbonline.de/start.php?id_language=2

Edited: 12 January 2010, 19:55
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

You can certainly buy your 7 day ticket at Schoenfeld. I have done so countless times.

If you don't want to use the Verkaufsstellen you can buy it at automatic ticket machines. There is one inside the terminal in the arrivals area and there is one outside near the bus stop. I usually use the one outside as it is invariably less busy.

Remember to validate the ticket before you first use it!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

A-ha, this is a good news for me. Brilliant.

Thank you both for your swift and informative replies!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,657 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

I've never found the ticket machine inside the airport busy actually, it's the ones in the subway (underground passage) at the the station that have the long queues. The newsagents in the terminal also sells tickets but not sure if that includes the weekly passes.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

I agree with Lynda that it is not a good idea to wait until you reach the train station before you buy the ticket. I did so on my first arrival at Schoenfeld and learned that lesson! You will of course have to buy the ticket at the airport terminal if you are leaving there by bus.

I also agree that I have never found the ticket machine inside the terminal really busy (usually no more that one/two people or group in front of me) but I have never seen anyone else using the outside ticket machine so that's the one for me and the one which I recommend.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

Copy that. I guess I'll just barge into the Reisemarkt and secure my weekly pass there.

Thanks again, Lynda and staroftheseas.

7. Re: 7-Day Pass Purchase At Schoenefeld S-Bahn Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 06:16