We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
448 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

Given the avergae temperature charts that I have seen, I would think that a late April trip to Berlin would not require air conditioning. The hotel I have chosen--based on almost universally positive reviews--Hotel Otto--does not have a/c. However, I have seen some comments that visitors in May were complaining about lack of ac. Thus, to the Berlin experts--is it safe to go with ano ac? Thanks

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

I certainly would not think that you would need AC in Germany in April. If the room should happen to get warm, people should just open the windows.

berlin
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

To A/C or not to A/C is also a personal issue. Some people (especially people from south-western US, in my non-scientific observation), would use AC almost always. Other people would use it only if it is really hot (say, over 30 degrees), or when the window cannot be opened. Otto is located in a quiet street, so there is no reason you shouldn't be able to open the window to get a bit of fresh air inside. Having said that, if you're one of those who use A/C quite constantly, you're used to it more than you are to fresh air and you might feel discomfort in a hotel without A/C

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

Sorry but the idea of air conditioning in APRIL is totally ridiculous. You'll rather need proper heating, which is available in every room. Occasionally day temperatures may reach 25°C if you are really really lucky but the nights are cool. You are more likely to encounter far lower temperatures, even freezing and snow is still possible.

Turn off the heating and open the window for 10 minutes before going to bed and that's it.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,837 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

Not so ridiculous, the hotel I stay in has certainly had the airco going in April.

That being said unless you are very sensitive to heat then you should be fine without. Have fun

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
448 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

Thanks all for the input. It seems like the large majority of hotels in Berlin do not have air co and April seems likely to be reasonably cool. Given the great deal I got on the hotel (and the generally higher costs for ac hotels), I am going with my first inclination. Just hope global warming doesn't kick in until May (-:

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

In April, you're more likely to turn up the heater than the air conditioning.

7. Re: Is Air Conitionong Needed In April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 05:19