We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General ( non techno/house dance scene) nightclubs?

Dublin
4 posts
Save Topic
General ( non techno/house dance scene) nightclubs?

Hello,

I am visiting Berlin next month with some friends.

I have read guides/reviews of nightclubs both on this site and elsewhere, and the almost all mentioned seem to be techno/house night clubs or else very exclusive set type of clubs.

As this is not necessarily our scene, could any one recommend any more general/mainstream nightclubs that are good, or alternatively are there any late bars that remain busy and lively at the latter part of the night?

Thanks

Garry

Unknown
Level Contributor
502 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General ( non techno/house dance scene) nightclubs?

Hi Gary, I have the same taste as you and for us 'normal' people, Berlin nightlife is a bit tricky....doesnt match up to the greatness that is the UK lol!

However, after 7 yrs of living here, I found a bar called AMPM in Hackescher Markt which plays 'normal' night out music, plus Matrix at Warschauer Str.

When I told my workmates of my music tastes, they dismissed me as having the mentality of a 14 yr old....just cos I hate techno or goth!

Barcelona
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: General ( non techno/house dance scene) nightclubs?

Hi Gary,

if you search something really different then I might have another option for you: Go to the Disco called "Q-Dorf". It is really typically German and not everyone`s taste. But you definitely won't find a posh atmosphere there, moreover the contrary. They play mainstream and lots of Partyhits. Barely House or Techno. A lot of Germans go there. It's located in the City West on the Ku'damm. By the way: it is Berlin's biggest disco.

Have a nice trip!

Ohmichael

OH Barcelona

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General ( non techno/house dance scene) nightclubs?

I can't stand techno/house music so I know of a few clubs who play differen music. :-) I quite like the frannz club @ Kulturbrauerei. You usually have a concert in the early evening and later it will be club with mixed music for everyones taste.

I also like the Kalkscheune when there is "Die schöne Party" or the "MaBakerClub".

I also like the After Work Party from Radio Eins every Thursday at the Trompete at Lützowplatz.

If you like heavy metal/rock music than you might like the After Work Party from Radio Star FM every Thursday at the Sage Club.

4. Re: General ( non techno/house dance scene) nightclubs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2010, 05:17