We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to Florence

Oakville,Ontario Can
Level Contributor
134 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
how to get to Florence

We are a family travelling in July and will need to get to Florence Italy from Berlin. I wonder what is the most economical way to do this. Are there night trains and are trains usually cheaper than flying? I have to say I was attempting to get prices and schedules for trains/ planes and just got fed up. Can anyone tell me which is cheaper and the timelines involved for both? thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,232 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to Florence

Easyjet fly from Berlin to Pisa, which is an hour by train from Florence. There are apparently frequent trains from Pisa airport: see

www.pisa-airport.com/index.php…

The Berlin-Florence train journey is very long: about 17 hours. See this (old) thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187323-i135-k2602…

Edited: 04 April 2011, 10:18
Oakville,Ontario Can
Level Contributor
134 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to Florence

I am exhausted from planning our trip. Up all hours of the night and when I post on this forum I am looking for great advise from people who can help me cut out some of my research. I just spent another hour trying to get info on flights from Berlin to Pisa (Florence) to no avail. Tried getting info on night trains, how long it might take to train from Berlin to Florence again to no avail. And I am not stupid. Just hoping someone who has been there/done that will take pity on me and help me by providing some answers to my questions. I am frustrated and hoping someone can come to the rescue soonn.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,232 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to Florence

Did you see my post? Do you not like Easyjet? What's the matter with you? Someone takes the time and trouble late at night to look up things you could perfectly well look up yourself, gives you the information you request, and you don't bother to say "Thank You" - or perhaps don't even bother to read the post - before posting another whinge.

I told you how you could fly from Berlin to Pisa and take a short train journey from there to Florence - right from Pisa airport. I gave you link to a relevent website, and to a previous TA discussion on this precise topic. I told you that the train journey takes 17 hours.

Why bother planning a trip if you find it so exhausting? And why bother asking questions if you can't be bothered to read the answers you get?

I'm sorry for the rant, everyone, but people who can't take a little trouble themselves, and expect others to do all their work for them, seriously get my goat.

Edited: 05 April 2011, 00:15
4. Re: how to get to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 12:19