We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adina Apartments - which one?

Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Adina Apartments - which one?

Hi, I'm going to be in Berlin for the first time in December and we would like to stay at one of the Adina apartments. Hoping someone can explain which one has the best location for us.

We want to be in walking distance of the major sights, but would also like some decent restaurants close by so we don't have to go too far on cold winter nights.

Any help would be awesome!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
331 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adina Apartments - which one?

Snowie, we are taking our first trip to Berlin, but not first trip to Germany. We booked the Adina Hackescher Markt because it's a new building, and non-smoking. We are traveling in September 2011, so I can't tell you what the apartments are like. We booked a one-bedroom apartment, for 2 of us. I understand that the area has lots of restaurants and bars, as well as a U-bahn and S-bahn stops. I also look forward-well maybe not! - to having a washing machine for our clothing before we start out on the rest of our journey. I’ll write a report when we return. Regards -katie

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,451 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adina Apartments - which one?

Wherever you stay, you must be prepared for the possibility of extreme cold in December. You'll need warm outer clothing and inner layers, warm hat and warm gloves (the Insulate ones are very good, if you can find them in Oz).

Most important: FLAT shoes with thick soles (for warmth) and deep tread (to guard against slipping on ice/packed down snow).

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,871 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adina Apartments - which one?

Whatever you lack in winter clothing, you'll find easily in Berlin at that time of year.

Hack. Markt is an ideal tourist location, within walking distance of Museum Island, close to an S-Bahn station and an important tram line (M1), a profusion of shops, restaurants and cafés in the vicinity.

Dublin
Level Contributor
43 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adina Apartments - which one?

I just stayed in Hackescher Markt and was delighted with it. Should meet all your needs mentioned.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
331 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adina Apartments - which one?

Thanks, podettski. I'm getting ready to go!

Larnaca, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaca
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adina Apartments - which one?

We have just returned from our trip and enjoyed our stay at Hackescher Markt . The hotel was sparkling clean and the area is a transport hub, if I may say so. S-Bahn station is across the street, tram and bus stops a few steps further.

Lots of restaurants/cafes in the area, you shouldn't worry about that.

7. Re: Adina Apartments - which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 16:16