We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

singapore
Level Contributor
245 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

any kind souls can help me review if my plan is ok?

tried to cluster the nearest ones together, but there's a few station which i really cant see in the Ubahn map.

will be travelling in sequence on the below~

thank you very much!

Day 1, Oct 9 Sunday:

-> Arrive 1pm at berlin.

-> Go to buy ticket for

Underground Berlin Tour, Starts at 4pm at Gesundbrunnen underground station.

Taking Tour 2 :http://berliner-unterwelten.de/tour-2.14.1.html

-> DDR Musemum

-> Fernsehturm (TV Tower) , AlexanderPlaz

Day 2, Oct 10 Monday:

-> Berlin Tour : 4 hours - Insider Tour's Famous Walk

Which covers : Nazi Legacy, Berlin Walls - Cold War, Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz, Reichstag, Revolution' 89, Gendarmenmarkt, Topographie des Terrors, Hilter's Bunkers, Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom)

-> Jewish Museum

-> Wittenbergplatz to go KaDeWe

Day 3, Oct 11 Tuesday:

-> Musemum Island

-> Visit The German parliament ( Bundestag )

-> FriedrichstraBe for some shopping

-> Oranienburger Strasse to experience the night life

Day 4, Oct 12 Wedneday:

-> Sanssouci Palace/Park

-> Babelsberg Filmpark

Day 5, Oct 13 thursday:

Morning train to Prague 848am

Edited: 21 September 2011, 09:19
London, United...
Level Contributor
18,255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

It's a bit packed and rushed.

On Day 1, if your flight is late, and even if it arrives on time, you may not be able to get to Gesundbrunnen for a 4pm tour (I assume you'll want to drop your luggage at your hotel first) so have a Plan B and do something else that afternoon if that happens.

(The underwelten tour seems a strange way to begin a first visit to Berlin, so you might want to reconsider this anyway!)

On Day 2 your Insider Tour will finish at about 3pm, and you'll have been walking and standing for four hours apart from a short coffee break sit down. By the time you get to the Jewish Museum it will be 4. This is an enormous museum that takes at least 2-3 hours to just walk through, so although it is open until 8pm you may not have much energy left for the KaDeWe (also open until 8) after spending the entire day on your feet.

On Day 3 you want to go to Museum Island. What you you want to see there? There are five huge museums, each of which would take you at least 2-3 hours just to walk through. So do some research with a good guidebook, or on the internet berlin.de/international/museums/index.en.php to find out what there is to see in each museum, and decide on one that you are especially interested in. If there isn't anything you are especially interested in, there is no point in going to Museum Island.

If you do go, you probably won't have time to do everything else you've planned for this day.

Have you booked for your visit to the Bundestag? bundestag.de/htdocs_e/…index.html

singapore
Level Contributor
245 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

Sorry the flight is at 1030am, so i put some buffer i will reach hotel and put luggage by 1pm

because the tour only have on sunday , sat and tues , i cant go on other day except for the first day i landed :(

as for the museum would like to visit the one with altar, as 1 of our travel buddy loves museum so we will go for 1 or 2. :)

I amended the itionery.

Does this looks better ???

Day 1, Oct 9 Sunday:

-> Arrive 1030am at berlin airport

-> Go to buy ticket for

Underground Berlin Tour, Starts at 4pm at Gesundbrunnen underground station.

Taking Tour 2 :http://berliner-unterwelten.de/tour-2.14.1.html

-> Fernsehturm (TV Tower) , AlexanderPlaz

Day 2, Oct 10 Monday:

-> Berlin Tour : 4 hours - Insider Tour's Famous Walk

Which covers : Nazi Legacy, Berlin Walls - Cold War, Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz, Reichstag, Revolution' 89, Gendarmenmarkt, Topographie des Terrors, Hilter's Bunkers, Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom)

-> Visit The German parliament ( Bundestag )

-> Wittenbergplatz to go KaDeWe

Day 3, Oct 11 Tuesday:

-> Museum island

-> FriedrichstraBe for some shopping

-> Oranienburger Strasse to experience the night life

Day 4, Oct 12 Wedneday:

-> Sanssouci Palace/Park

-> Babelsberg Filmpark

Day 5, Oct 13 thursday:

Morning train to Prague 848am

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

Yes, I think it does look better:you'll have time to catch your breath!

Thanks for explaining about your arrival time. You should have plenty of time to make the 4 o clock tour. You could even visit the Berlin War Memorial in Bernauer Strasse (S-bahn Nordbahnhof) first - it's not far from Gesundbrunnen.

The museum with the altar is the Pergamon Museum. I think the best time to go there is at opening time, 10 am: later on you may have to stand in line to get tour ticket, and it can get quite crowded.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

That should have been "your ticket", not "tour ticket".

Glasgow
Level Contributor
19 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

Remember if you want to go into the Reichstag that you must register on their website at least 3 days in advance of your visit. On the site you then choose a date and time when you want to visit. We didnt know about the prior booking and were not permitted to go in at any time or day. No reservation no entry!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

Hi there one of my favourite places was the Checkpoint charlie museum. Its sort of an iconic place to visit and the museum will give you the complete history of the wall including some great exhibits. The berlin wall was once a big part of the city and maybe you could fit it in on your arrival - its not huge and you could easily do the museum in about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Berlin is amazing.

Have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

We only managed 2 museums on Museum Island in one day - the Neues and the Pergamon - we also had to queue for over 30 minutes to get our tickets.

And that was not really doing the Neues museum justice - you can easily spend a whole day doing that.

I would recommend the Pergamon Museum - it has to be one of the most impressive museums anywhere.

If you are travelling about - look into buying the Berlin Welcome card - it's great value. You can buy them at the airport on arrival.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,284 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

"Remember if you want to go into the Reichstag that you must register on their website at least 3 days in advance of your visit".

Which website? I did a quick google search but was unable to find the details. Is there a charge?

Greater London
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

I have just come back from 5 days (4 really - Monday lunchtime to Friday at 14:30) and I would say that your itinerary looks sound.

The only things that I may switch would be the Reichstag (if you haven't booked in advance you won't get in) and the Fernsehturm. If you only want to take photos of it, that's fine it will be a 10 minute thing, otherwise it's a queue to get up it (unless you pay over the odds for a VIP ticket to jump a queue).

Following Doricde's suggestions I did the Panoramapunkt building instead (near Potsdamer Platz). Was up and down within about half an hour, including using the toilet and buying a book in the gift shop at the bottom. Your are only 24 floors up but it's enough. But note the guy in a suit in the lift isn't a businessman from another floor in the building (it's essentially a working building with a viewing gallery) but the lift operator (most smartly dressed one I'd ever seen). The Neues Museum and Pergamon Museums I did in about 4 hours but you could easily spend longer (about 2.5 in the Neues - but the jaw dropper is the Pergamon Musuem with the alter). The audio guide in the Pergamon Musuem is free and there is the - "I'm in a rush" option with the audio guide that will get you around all the key things in about 45 minutes.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Edited: 24 September 2011, 11:04
10. Re: Itionery - Berlin - 3.5 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:16