We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

uk
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

Hi

Anyone have any ideas or tips on the best way to get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to our hotel in the city centre? There will be 4 adults plus luggage and we are not very confident in using public transport.

Many thanks

Best Seller
Berlin Bike Tour
585 Reviews
from US$37.90*
All-in-One Berlin Shore Excursion...
10 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Best Seller
Berlin Mitte Walking Tour: Wall...
1,799 Reviews
from US$16.60*
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,054 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

I don't know when you are coming, but it's not open yet, unless you mean Schoenefeld? Tell us when and you will get lots of help

uk
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

whoops sorry. we are going in july 2012. we have been to other european cities and through this forum have previously booked a minibus. i just wondered if anyone can recommend a similar service or we should get a taxi. i'm a bit worried that 4 adults plus luggage will fit in a taxi :-(

huge thanks for any help and advice

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,641 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

There will be LOADS of taxis available of all shapes and sizes. Expect to pay around €30 to get into the centre - note that car services are not very common in Germany.

However, there will be several public transport options, including both suburban and regional rail from a station in the airport. These will go to all the main stations. You can check your route on www.bvg.de (use SXF as your departure point if checking now). Public transport in Berlin is cheap and efficient and you should have no problems.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,567 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

Berlin-Brandenburg Airport (BER) opens in June 2012.

It will have of course excellent public transport connection with the train station right in the middle of the airport.

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…Anbindung_BER.png

To use transfer services is not common in Germany. Just hop into a taxi (approx EUR 35). There are also mini van taxis if you have really a lot of luggage. They should not even cost more as the mini van surcharge of EUR 5 is only from the 5th person on. Taxis are metered. Taxi tariff is set by the city.

uk
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

thank you so much everyone - really helpful advice. xx

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,768 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

Taxi fare from Schönefeld is towards 40€ to Mitte these days so I would assume same kind of fare from the new airport.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

Suzy can I be the first to congratulate you on the first...

'How do I get to ... from Brandenburg Airport?' thread on the Berlin Trip Advisor Forum.

We look forward to many thousand other such requests in the coming months/years. :-)

As mentioned above the airport doesn't open for another six months so no one has been there yet, therefore advising people on the public transport it's still a little bit guess work apart from there will be express trains and S-Bahns into town... and Taxis for you.

Anyway, have a nice time in Berlin, it's great, and do try using the public transport. It's cheap, efficient and easy to use and does save a lot of walking around.

uk
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

lol - good to know that i've started a path for many more to follow :-)

i'm not the worlds greatest traveller so any help or advice more widely travelled people can give me is very much appreciated. i will try and use the public transport once i find my bearings in berlin - it just scares me a bit the moment i step off the plane in a place i've never been before.

xx

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

We are also flying to Berlin Brandenburg Airport, we were booked with easy jet Glasgow to Schoenefeld next June but just received an e-mail from easy jet to say this has changed to Berlin Brandenburg Airport.

Is this just a new name for 2 airports amalgamating, Schoenefeld and Tempelhof.

Tattieheid

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,792 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do we get from Berlin Brandenburg airport to city centr

No, it is a new airport (close to the current Schoenefeld location). Schoenefeld and Tegel will close. Tempelhof has closed a while ago