We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Reichstag Building

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
The Reichstag Building

I finally received my confirmation to visit the roof terrace and dome of the Reichstag Building. My confirmation is for 9:15 am and I am wondering how much time I should allocate to this vist.

Can anyone who has been please advise.

Thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Reichstag Building

If you've booked only for visiting the dome, an hour should be plenty unless you want to stay longer. It doesn't take very long to walk up and down, marvel at the architecture and the views, and take some photos.

If you've booked for the tour, it takes 90 minutes, and you need to be there to register and go through security half an hour before your time slot. After the tour, you are set free to explore the dome for as long as you like. Three hours should be plenty, so allow until 11.30-12, unless you also want to eat lunch in the restaurant (you need to book).

Edited: 10 June 2012, 07:51
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,586 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Reichstag Building

Opening times

Daily from 8.00 to 23.00 hrs

Admission

Every quarter of an hour

Last admission: 23.00 hrs

#################

an hour and a half is sufficient to have proper look around.

###################

The rooftop restaurant

The rooftop restaurant east of the dome is open daily from 09.00 to 16.30 hrs and from 18.30 hrs to midnight. Visitors who have already reserved a table can reach the rooftop restaurant via the entrance below and to the right of the West Portal (West C). Tables can be reserved by calling +49 (0)30 226-29933 or sending an email to: kaeferreservierung.berlin@feinkost-kaefer.de.

#################

Please let us know HOW LONG did you wait for the confirmation????

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Reichstag Building

You cannot any longer visit the Reichstag without booking, so posting these opening times may confuse people who are not aware of this.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,586 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Reichstag Building

yes for sure, i have to add that Registration id compulsory.

Requests can only be submitted together with a complete list of participants (naming all members of your group). Without an accurate and complete list of participants, the Visitors’ Service cannot process your request. The following information is required for each person: surname, first name and date of birth

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Reichstag Building

Thanks everyone for your responses. This is my first trip to Berlin and I am so looking forward to it.

Indiana
Level Contributor
802 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Reichstag Building

We did this tour two weeks ago. The tour guide portion took 45 minutes. The self walk through the dome was another 1 hour. We like to take pictrues and read stuff. It all depends on you. I suggest allocating 2 hours at a leisurely pace. It can easily be done in 1 hours if you are in a rush.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Reichstag Building

I'm not sure what tour you took, but the official tour does take 90 minutes (unless they changed that between my visit three weeks ago and yours).

Allow three hours, including the half hour for registration.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Reichstag Building

Profguy is correct, my English guided tour a few days ago was about one hour, even though on the program it says 90 minutes. After an hour the guide took us to the dome and let us visit at our own leisure.

9. Re: The Reichstag Building

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 June 2012, 22:43
Edited: 11 June 2012, 22:43
London, United...
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Reichstag Building

It sounds as though the guides have a degree of freedom in how long they spend with their guidees!

The information I received with my confirmation was that the tour would take 90 minutes, and that was exactly how long the tour I took took. So I am right too.

All this goes to show that none of us is right, and that ubish will have to take it as it comes, go with the flow, enjoy his tour however long it takes, whether 45, 60, or 90 minutes...

...but allow for it to take 90 minutes. Which it may.

:-)