We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

I am in Berlin for two months. I have 3 days off the next week, and I would like to know if I can visit any of the nearby countries (famous city like Paris or rome).

I have a budget of about 70 euros, which is slightly stretchable.

Also, any help on cheap flights or trainswould be appreciated.

Bautzen, Germany
Level Contributor
814 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

If you don't need to eat and drink, and don't need to sleep either, it could be possible to see Paris, London or Venice for 70€. Sometimes airlines offer cheap flights for 19 or 29€, but it's very hard to get them. But realistically: no, it's almost impossible with your budget. Most flights will cost more than 70€, and you need to pay for public transport and other expenses.

What you can do is to get a train ticket and visit some sights closer to Berlin. Prague could be a possibility, but I'm not sure.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 14:18
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

Thank you. Your feedback is much appreciated.

In case the our of country is out of pictures, I am thinking of going on the 'insider tours' for Berlin city.

Bautzen, Germany
Level Contributor
814 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

You could still do do trips by train to sights which are less famous, but still quite interesting. Some of them are also World Heritage Sites. It's not like only the biggest cities offer interesting things, many of the best sights in Germany are on the countryside.

Have a look at this thread, I listed a few things relatively close to Berlin which deserve a visit (the galeries are good!):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187323-i135-k5591…

Frankfurt
Level Contributor
539 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

From Berlin do think about visiting some of the beautiful places in Poland that are all easy to reach by train. Some ideas: Poznan, Warsaw, Gdansk, Cracow.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
978 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

Hi

Check out the AIR BERLIN website.

Plenty of options. Have a look at their routemap.

DCtheKiwi

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
71 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

Check skyscanner.com. You can put in "everywhere" as your destination and it will find the cheapest fares for your particular dates to every location.

You also might check Berlin Linien Bus for cheap bus fares.

As a previous poster mentioned, Poland is a great choice as its relatively inexpensive and cheap. Poznan would be my recommendation from Berlin. Or Krakow via overnight train. I think the overnight train is around 30 euro for a shared compartment. Maybe cheaper if you're willing to go in a regular seat.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 05:32
7. Re: Nearby countries to visit on weekends in cheap fares?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:16