We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bundstag dome visit

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yardley...
Level Contributor
145 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Bundstag dome visit

I tried to make a reservation for access to the dome online for the week of January 9 to 12 but got a response that this is not available for those dates. Does anyone know if this means the dome is closed to access by the public at that time or is it too early to make the request? I was able to make a confirmed reservation for breakfast in the restaurant. If the dome is closed will I still be able to access it that way? My first time in Berlin, and this whole thing is a bit confusing. Any help with info appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,701 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bundstag dome visit

It's probably too early.

It could also be that they already know that the dome will be closed for its periodic cleaning. If it's closed you won't be able to access it.

Try again around November.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,167 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bundstag dome visit

It's way too early. You can only book 8 weeks in advance or so.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
145 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bundstag dome visit

Thanks guys for the info. I will try again in a couple months, hopefully it will work out.If you find out anything more specific about the cleaning dates on your side of the pond please pass it on to me here.

Santiago
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bundstag dome visit

We were just there in July, and wrote four weeks in advance to request the visit. They sent us a letter confirming names and date and time. Remember to bring photo IDs for everyone to show at the entrance as you have to go through the equivalent of airport security. Also arrive early, as there are lots of people there. They said during the tour that they sometimes restrict visits during certain dates for increased parliamentary activity or visits from heads of states. We found the visit to be interesting and worthwhile.

5. Re: Bundstag dome visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 02:15