We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gardening center or nursery

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Gardening center or nursery

Dear Forum Hello

We will be visiting Berlin this week. One of my hobbies is gardening, and I love visiting nurseries or garden centers when visiting foreign countries. Could anyone please recommend a good nursery/gardening center, assessable by public transport? We are staying in the Mitte, but we don't mind traveling to a suburb of Berlin or integrate a visit to a nursery with a day trip to an interesting destination.

Thank you Karyn09

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
606 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gardening center or nursery

There is a nice big garden centre by the Olympic Stadium, very easy to get to on public transport.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gardening center or nursery

Dear Chizlit

Thank you for your prompt reply . Is it http://www.der-hollaender.de/?

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
606 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gardening center or nursery

Yes indeed that is the place. I've only visited in the winter so there were few outdoor plants on show but lots of lovely conifers but I'd imagine it would be very good in the summer. If you do visit be sure to also go to the Olympic Stadium as its outstanding and very historic.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,866 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gardening center or nursery

You may find also the park "Gardens of the World" interesting

gruen-berlin.de/parks-gardens/…

details are however only on their German pages

gruen-berlin.de/parks-gaerten/…

München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gardening center or nursery

Here another one

it is in Potsdam Bornim

www.foerster-stauden.de/Private%20Kunden

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gardening center or nursery

Hello

Thank you all very much. I also was debaiting between visiting the botanical gardens and the "Gardens of the World", so you also helped me with that dilema.

Karyn09

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gardening center or nursery

You might also interested in http://www.koenigliche-gartenakademie.de/ It's a gardening centre as well as kind of a gardening school/planning.

The woman who owns it used to study Gardening in the UK and was at the Chelsea Flower Show a few years ago.

Address ist Altensteinst. 15 a, next to the Botanical Garden.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gardening center or nursery

Hello to BerlinGal

We visited koenigliche garden academie the day before yesterday and loved it. The place itself is beautiful and the staff were so nice, informed and professional. Thank you for a memorable morning.

Karyn09

9. Re: Gardening center or nursery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 September 2012, 15:05
Edited: 04 September 2012, 15:05
10. Re: Gardening center or nursery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 09:17