We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Frustrations

USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Frustrations

I will be visiting Berlin for the first time end of August

My fault I waited last min to book my hotel.

I have done some research and Mitte area is considered a good location; central to sites/nightlife; easy access to very thing.

The hotels which I would have liked to stay in Cosmo and NH Hotel Mitte are sold out the last weekend in August.

Does anyone have other suggestions I could look into that are similar in price point/value for money as these two?

I like the Boutique type feel.

BTW I am female. It would be two females in late 20s/early 30s coming.

If you have recommendations that are worth considering please share. I was told by one of the experts on here to also consider proximity to the tram/bus. Which is good to point out since we'll be taking public trasport every where.

Please let me know if you have suggestions.

Thanks for your time.

Adagio
Bars & Clubs
11 n lounge
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Stockholm, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Frustrations

I'm gonna stay at The Circus Hotel in the end of August. I have heard many good things about that hotel and it is also ranked nr 1 at tripadvisor. I don't know if they have any room available but they also have hostel. Hope you find some nice place to stay at, good luck! /Mattias

London, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Frustrations

I'm also in Berlin last weekend in August and am staying at the Aletto Ku'damm hotel/hostel: decently priced, central location, 2 mins walk from Zoologischer garten station, close to Tiergarten and someone who has just returned from staying at the Ku'damm says it was great.

As a solo female traveller I was concerned about finding a safe and well placed hotel but the latest report has eased my apprehension.

Hope you guys find something decent; you've indeed left it late.

USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Frustrations

OK thanks Peaches and mattiks. I'll look into the two you mentioned.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,474 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Frustrations

We just returned and stayed at Hotel Mani. I believe we saw the Circus hotel just down the street. We liked the location, enjoyed some great little places for breakfast and late night donners, and some nice little bars. It has a sister hotel a short walk (can't recall the name at the moment), but it has a nice rooftop bar. The hotel was contemporary, and the rate we got was good (about $70 Euros).

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Frustrations

I have stayed at the Circus Hotel in the past and can highly recommend it. Also, its location is very convenient, right next to a subway station with connection to Alexanderplatz and across a streetcar stop. .

USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Frustrations

thanks ZsaZsa. Hotel Mani looks good. But I think the bottleneck for most hotels is Thursday, August 30th. Seems like most hotels are sold out on that day..fri, sat sun are fine...only Thursday! Circus seems to have availability and it's in a good location so maybe I should just jump on this now. Thanks again guys.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Frustrations

I think you should go for it and book The Circus if they have a room available. I have booked a junior suite at the hotel and will check in at the 31th, but I made the reservation long time ago. Have a nice time in Berlin! /Ciao Mattias

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Frustrations

Priceline is a good tool for Berlin. You can learn how to bid and what hotels are "won" at www.biddingfortavel.com.

We generally stay at the Melia and have gotten great deals by booking well in advance. Mitte is convenient and the Melia a great hotel.

USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Frustrations

Just returned. Loved Berlin. Ended up staying with a friend who made it back in town last minute so that worked out quite nice.

Thanks for all the help folks. Tripadvisor rocks!

10. Re: Hotel Frustrations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 10:18