We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to FC Union Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
648 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to FC Union Berlin

Staying near Zoo Station,can someone advise best/quickest way to go to this football club.Do matches sell out or can you purchase tickets on the day at the ground. thanks

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

Not sure if this was a last minute request for the game on 21/10 or maybe for the game next week on the 28/10.

Tickets : Officially, all of the five home games so far this season have sold out. That said, I've been to the last two home games and both times on the way to the ground I have seen people selling tickets (not necessarily for profit). Any remaining tickets on the day of the game can no longer be bought at the turnstiles as before, you now have to go to the ticket office at the ground beforehand.

Getting there** : From the Zoo station, by S-Bahn catch any S-Bahn heading east (S5, S7, S75) and change at Ostkreuz. Here catch the S3 to Köpenick (Zone B), it should be on the other side of the same platform. Get off train and follow the crowd for the 20 minute walk, even when they wander down a dirt track through the forest. If you need the ticket office it's the other end of the ground and will take another 10 mins to get there.

Kick off times are : Friday 18:00 - Saturday : 13:00 - Sunday 13:30 : Monday : 20:15

(** Before getting on the S-Bahn at the zoo - quickly check to see if there are any Airport Express trains due heading to Schönefeld. If so it may be quicker to catch this to Karlshorst (one stop before the airport) and then catch the S3 from there to Köpenick)

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

Many thanks Wibble, we are visiting in February and was looking at match on Sunday 17/2/2013.Are there any bars /restaurants near the ground. What is the best bar for atmosphere with supporters before the game.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

A quick one, the game might not be on the Sunday. All that's known at the moment is that is that Union have a home game that weekend against Ingolstadt. It wont be before the winter break that the actual dates and times are announced.

Of the nine games played each weekend in the Budesliga 2, it's usually, Friday 3 games, Saturday 2 games, Sunday 3 games, Monday 1 game.

You may be able to buy tickets online a couple of weeks before the game.

As the ground is on the edge of the forest, not too many places to eat/drink near the ground. Close to the station on the way is the Union Tanke an open air bar which is popular. Food is the usual choice of wurst/steak/boulette in a roll from one of the many stands grilling. Remember in the ground it's mainly standing where you can eat, drink (alcohol), smoke, sing and shout etc

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

Thanks for reply, we are in Berlin from the thursday till following Tuesday so the day is not a problem. Never been to a match in Germany so fancy the chance. Look forward to standing will remind me of standing on terraces at Goodison Park home of the mighty Everton .many thanks

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

IAN O.... Unless you are in fact my partner this is a bit of a coincidence. We are in Berlin Friday until Tuesday and plan to go to the same match as you and my other half is a season ticket holding blue nose who resides on the Gladys street most Saturdays, for his sins... We should meet for a pint... Jules

Berlin, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

"What is the best bar for atmosphere with supporters before the game."

Unquestionably, the bar "Abseitsfalle" (Offside Trap) to the northeast of the stadium. It's THE bar where Union's supporters gather before and after the match.

Before the game, take the S-Bahn train to Köpenick S-Bahn station, walk along "Am Bahndamm" for about 500 m, when you arrive at "Hämmerlingstraße", turn left (under the railway bridge), you'll find the bar after about 200 m on the right hand side.

Search Google maps for:

Abseitsfalle-Fankneipe, Hämmerlingstraße, Berlin, Germany

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

The dates for the first four home games after the winter break have been announced.

Fri 1st Feb - 18:00 - SV Sandhausen

Sat 16th Feb - 13:00 - Ingolstadt 04

Fri 1st Mar - 18:00 - Erzgebirge Aue

Fri 15th Mar - 18:00 - St. Pauli

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

got my tickets for the Sandhausen game yesterday.

the print@home option on the club website is great,, bought the tickets and printed them out straight away,, saves any worry about whether the wouldve been posted in time for us leaving

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

Happy EVERTONIAN, just bought ticket for Union match on 16th February. Great bargain 13 euro + 2 euro for collecting at ticket office.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to FC Union Berlin

Going to do this now!! We're planning on being in "the offside trap" (what a great name for a pub) before and possibly after too... Other half will be wearing some sort of Everton paraphernalia... I won't cos I'm a red ;) jules