We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

Nazareth
9 posts
Save Topic
Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

Hello,

We are going a group of 3 friends , we are up for partying and clubs and drinks :D

Should we go to Berlin at Christmas and New year eve in Amsterdam or Vers versa..

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

My boyfriend and I will be in Berlin this Christmas and Amsterdam for New Years. Would love to know what you decided and how it turned out.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

My boyfriend and I are going to be in Berlin this Christmas and Amsterdam for New Years. Would love to know what you decided and how it turned out.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 08:31
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

Christmas means in both places that there is not too much to do.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

Berlin has there biggest party in Europe for NY.

Berlin has a more Christmasy atmosphere but in neither is there a lot on for Christmas

UK
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

If you want to party then you definitely don't want to go to Germany for Christmas. Christmas just isn't party time in Germany - it's a time for family reunions and for quiet reflection. I have family in both Germany and the UK, and "Christmas culture" in the two countries is worlds apart. (I believe Australians regard Christmas as "party time" just like people do here in the UK)

I would have suggested that you come to the UK instead - but then you'd be stuck here on Christmas Day when everything - and I do mean everything - is shut. We don't even have public transport on Christmas Day.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 18:38
Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

Having lived in Amsterdam for 10 years it is also not party central for Xmas, Berlin has more to do and more atmosphere

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

In Berlin at Christmas there are at least some Christmas markets open on Christmas Day and some concerts and stuff; the big day for meals and gift-giving is actually Christmas Eve. There's even a near-full public transport service.

8. Re: Christmas at Berlin and NewYear Eve inAmsterdam Or Versversa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 07:18