We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

Davao City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

Hi! We are family of 6 arriving at SCHÖNEFELD AIRPORT from Paris in May. We are going to stay at Alexanderplatz area. Can someone please tell me if there's a taxi from the Airport that can accommodate 6 people? thank you

Edited: 02 February 2013, 20:22
1. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 February 2013, 21:48
Edited: 02 February 2013, 21:48
Davao City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

Thank you Alabastron. With children around and luggages, i would prefer to take taxi or private transport from the airport. do you know of any private transport where i can hire a car/transport for 6 people? Again, thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

If you want to take a taxi, you'll need two of them, unless you book a people-carrier in advance: I doubt there will be any taxis of that capacity waiting at the airport. Here is a link with details of various firms that could supply one (I think its fare estimates may be a little out of date):

http://www.visitberlin.de/en/article/taxis

But it's very easy to get to Alexanderplatz from Schönefeld on the Airport Express, which runs half hourly and takes 22 minutes.

There is a covered walkway from the airport to the train station: it takes about six minutes to walk it and another 5-6 minutes to walk through the station and onto the platform (there are stairs and a walkway, no lift or escalators, which could be a problem if you have lots of luggage).

Train tickets for zones AB and C (which you will need, as Schönefeld is in zone C) cost 3.10 euros each. Children under six travel free.

You should investigate day tickets, group tickets, and the Berlin Welcome Card for your transport needs while you are in Berlin. You'll find all the information here, and all ticket options are available at the BVG desk at the airport.

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/index.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

I've just amended my post, but the link I gave you gave contact details for five taxi firms: try one of them.

Davao City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

thank you again Alabastron...

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

There could in fact be van taxis waiting at the airport. If not, just call 030-443322 and ask for a "Kombiwagen for 6 people at Flughafen Schönefeld." The fare (around €36) is the metered fare - no extra charge. If you have no phone, perhaps someone in the airport would place the call.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

I didn't know there might be vans at the airport (I've never seen one, but then I probably wasn't looking!)

Thanks, Bill.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

More and more often, when I take a taxi it turns out to be a small van or "maxi-car" or whatever it is you call it. So there are quite a few of them around.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

Last Easter we arrived at Schönefeld as a family group of 6 with quite a lot of luggage ( we came on from a week's stay in London) and the guy organising the taxis did some hand-signals that got a Grossraumwagen to "jump the queue" to accommodate us.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover there was no supplement on the normal fare for the larger vehicle.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi for 6 from Schonefeld Airport to Alexanderplatz...

Thanks Bill and Lynda. Dabawenyo and family should be all right now.