We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

we are family of 4, 2 aults, 2 kids 10,11 will be in a cruise ship coming may 26th. we want to do a one day tour of berlin from port doing a tour of WE FAMILY OF 4, 2 ADULTS, 2 BOYS ,10,11 WILL

please advice the best value tour which will cover maximum sights and will drop us back to the port in the evening.

Insider Tour
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Day Trips
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Fat Tire Tours Berlin
City Tours, Segway Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Original Berlin Walks
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Calgary
Level Contributor
479 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

You may want to post this question in the Warnemunde forum as it comes up there very frequently. However, you need to be aware that this involves a lot of driving (approx. 6 hrs for the return trip) and makes for a very long and tiring day. I'd think twice about doing that and would be even more hesitant with children in tow.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,325 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

Yes, check the Warnemünde forum (which TA notoriously misspells) and check the countless threads on this question. The answer is always the same: Transfer to Berlin takes at least 3 hours one way, no matter by which means of transport. This consumes half the day and leaves you with hardly 5-6 hours in the city, minus time for lunch etc.. Berlin is widespread and cannot be covered in such a short amount of time. All you'll get is a rat race through parts of the city with a handful of photo stops. No tour company could offer you "maximum sights" because of this tight timeframe.

You'll have a happier day if you pick one of the many potential destinations closer to Warnemünde which have been discussed in abundance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

Thank you guys. truly appreciate your comments.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

I beg to disagree. We spent one day in Berlin in June 2011 from Warnemunde, not knowing when and if we would be returning again to Germany. I organized a group of 18 from our ship (Oceania's Marina) with SPB-Tours, and our American guide Heather was superb. We had a fabulous day, covering a lot of ground, much by foot to my delight.

Although a three-hour trip each way, the bus was comfortable and we got to know our fellow passengers (it was our first stop after embarkation in Copenhagen). In our seven hours in Berlin, we felt we got a great introduction, and even had the opportunity at the end of the day to visit the Pergamon while others did some souvenir shopping or relaxing at a cafe. We pre-ordered a simply wurst lunch, which saved us additional time for touring.

We enjoyed our small taste of Berlin that day so much that we have planned a return land trip for six days in May, followed by two days in Dresden and four in Prague.

India
Level Contributor
221 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

appears that we may be there on the same cruise this year..we are two families with four kids 5,8,12,15..u can reach me on ketan_s217@yahoo.com for us to connect

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

thanks Cinti.

Ketan , we will send you a email.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

@ JustaskforKS I suggest you ask for your post to be removed or edited - posting your email address publicly is a bad idea.

8. Re: Berlin in 1 day on a cruise tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 05:16