We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
352 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

Hey everyone,

Im hoping to go to Berlin in June for a 40th. I've heard so many good things about it so I'm really looking forward to it.

Im looking for a nice hotel, something special, with a bit of luxury, in a good location, close to the usual tourist sites, good bars & restaurants. I know Berlin is a very big city but I'd really appreciate any input. We're planning on a 4 day trip.

Gwynedd
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

Just returned from Berlin. This was our 5th visit! We usually stay at the Hilton but this time chose the Westin Grand. Both are super hotels. Very convenient. Just off the Unter Den Linden in the old East Berlin and within walking distance/ or UBahn of all the places you would want to visit. The Westin is only 6mins walk from the Friedrichstrasse Station where you can get the Airport Express train straight to the airport. (Much cheaper than taxi!) You can also walk to the Reichstag. (Get a pass online) Hope this helps. We had a good deal at the Westin as it was before Easter.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

Hard to beat the Adlon for luxury, history and location, althoug haccording to some reviews it is tough to get past the doorman!

Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

Thanks for the reply. I had a look at Westin Grand & Hilton. As I am going in june, they're super expensive and unfortunately outside my budget for this 3-4 day break.

Another hotel I'm checking out is the Pullman.

I must check the Aldon now too.

Thanks again :-)

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

As the Adlon is even more expensive then I guess it is a no go.

The Pullman is ok though I much prefer the Intercontinental over the road. Although they are in the West next to the Zoo there are buses outside that will have you across the Tiergarten in a couple of mins.

The KaDeWe is 5 mins walk as are many restaurants and bars.

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

Hotel Mela!

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

I personally like the Kempinski Bristol on Kurfürstendamm. Besides a few other trips I spent my birthday there 2 years ago. Got an excellent deal plus when they learnt it was my birthday an upgrade.

Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

Cheers for the updates!!!

I like the look of the Kempinski and Melia. i quite like the Kempinski. For me location and ease of access to transport is a big factor. Also, as its for a 40th, I would be really happy if we got an upgrade!!

Thanks again for those suggestions!!

8. Re: Good Hotel In A Convenient Location - Special Occasion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 05:15