We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Hi,

I'm looking to book a stag do in Berlin next March (2014) and have read loads of posts but not really got too many answers to the questions i have.

There will be 8 of us going over in total between 28 and 42 years of age. We're all pretty much into bars and pubs rather than the clubbing scene.

I already got that theres not one area in Berlin that is "good" for pub crawls etc and that a good base to stay would be Mitte or surround areas, is this correct? I've looked at the Mercure and Charlies checkpoint, can anyone recommed these or any other decent hotels or does anyone know whether any of the hotels refuse stag partys? We will more than likeley be booking 4 twin rooms.

I've read a lot about the berlin pub crawls however we're a little too old to be throwing up with students and wanted to do a more traditional type pub crawl. We would have loved to do the anti-pub crawl but found out they dont take stag partys due to previous stag partys ruining the fun! I've found one or two DIY print out pub tours but can anyone recommed a pub crawl we can print out and follow or one theyve been on that wont be full of students etc....

We've looked at booking the berlin beer bike, is this worth the money (around £40.00 each for 8 of us), have any of you actually been on this tour??

Also looked at going to the hofbräuhaus, has anyone been and can anyone recommend?

Any other tips or pointers would be gratefully appreciated!!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

I can only speak for myself and my friends but not many Berliners do pub crawls like you do in the UK. If you find a nice bar you might stay there for the whole night. If it is not that nice you might check out another one.

If you want to check out several bars on one evening Prenzlauer Berg or Kreuzberg might be a good idea. In Prenzlauer Berg you could check out the area around Kastanienallee, Kollwitzplatz, Helmholtzplatz. In Kreuzberg you could check out the area around Bergmannstraße, Graefekitz (around Graefestr., Maybachufer, Kottbusser Damm)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

I'll echo that. On a big night out you might do at most two bars then a club (getting to the club after midnight, even 1, as nobody goes earlier).

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Would you recommed finding a hotel in Friedrichshain or in Mitte?

Yeah as long as we find a couple of good bars we'll be happy! Do you know whether the white trash fast food restaurant is any good?

Thanks for the response so far guys!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Mitte, as it will put you in the middle of the city. The area around Hackescher Markt is probably a good idea as it's walking distance to several bars. Not been to White Trash, I'm afraid.

For listings try www.zitty.de but beware it's in German.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Cool, i've looked at the Novotel in Mitte which seems to be really good value and centrally located to most bars and attractions. For anyone else thats looking i did find a google map that somebody had created that had a few decent looking places on which can be found here.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

Can anyone recommed a shooting range or an alternative activity to do on our first day? We are going to be doing the beer bike on the saturday.

Thanks for all the help so far!!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Do you mean the Novotel on Fischerinsel? It's not as well-located as the map would have you think.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Yes it is that one, is it way out or still within reach as its got decent price and has two beds to a room.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

It's not way out, but it is a bit of a walk for the S- and U-Bahn and sights. I have considered it in the past but have gone for other places in the end.

For a first-day activity, what sort of thing do you have in mind?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Not really sure what we want to do, do you have any suggestions on what's good? Going to be around 8 people in our group.

inverness, scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Berlin Stag Do March 2014 (beer bike / mitte / pub crawl)

Not A stag but we stayed in the art otel in mitte right next to the uBahn. Nice and good price. Not sure if its close to what you're looking for but it's about a 20 min walk to alex