We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long would it take by taxi

Australia
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
How long would it take by taxi

Hey TA

I am more looking at time factor so considering a taxi from Schoenfeld airport to Adina Apartments checkpoint Charlie.

My maps shows this as a '23min' journey is this realistic - does anyone know an approx time it takes. The trip would be around 430-5pm

If it takes an hour or so then we would look at the train- as last time we came in we just missed a train and it took a while to get to the hotel so reason for considering a taxi as we only have one full day.

Cheers :D

Mentioned in this post
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
9,931 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long would it take by taxi

I don't drive this route often but in my opinion 23min is fairly unrealistic around 4.30/5pm if it is a weekday. It will be rush hour. I would at least plan with half an hour or even up to 45-60min if there is a traffic jam or similar. When exactly will you be in Berlin. School holidays starting at the end of June (I think) and then this journey will propably take you the mentioned time of 23min as traffic is not so busy.

You could check prior arrival the times of the airport express or S-Bahn after your approx. arrival time. Then you know whether you'll be able to catch a train quickly or if you might have to wait for a bit. If you just missed an airport express you still can get a taxi. fahrinfo-berlin.de/Fahrinfo/bin/query.bin/en…

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Australia
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long would it take by taxi

Hi berlingal - thankyou very much my thoughts were it probably wasn't realistic - we will be there in September. I was looking at doing what you suggested - if we miss a train then maybe think about the taxi.

Cheers and great response :D

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long would it take by taxi

30 to 45 minutes, maybe. Cost: 33 euros depending on traffic.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long would it take by taxi

Thankyou Bill :)

5. Re: How long would it take by taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:17