We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Berlin?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Turkey
4 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Berlin?

Hello,

Me and 2 of my friends are planning to have a trip to Berlin. We are looking for a stay in the neighborhood that shelters the majority of the social life including bars and restaurants regardless of the hotel price. So far, I could narrow my search to Mitte and Kudamm but still haven't decided. Could you please help me to decide whether to stay in Mitte or Kudamm?

Thanks

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

I would stay in Mitte.

Seemed to me to be more 'central' and nearer areas like Kreuzberg and Prenzlauerberg.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

Another vote for Mitte, particularly the area around Hackescher Markt and Rosenthaler Platz.

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

I would also recomend Mitte, as it's more central.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

Thank you guys for all your replies.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

I have 1 final question? What do you think about Sofitel, Grand Hotel Esplanade and Radisson Blu in Mitte or Swissotel and Kempisnki in Charlottesburg?

Thank you

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

Not stayed in any of them but the Mitte hotels win purely on location - apart from the Esplanade, which I find a little out of the way. The Radisson is on Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse, walking distance to Alexanderplatz, Hackescher Markt, Museum Island and Unter den Linden; the Sofitel is on Gendarmenmarkt, a perfectly handsome square. The Swissotel is in a decent location but it's more of a business/retail area and not that close to the big attractions. Which Kempinski?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,335 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

The kempinski must be the Bristol if it is in Charlottenburg, it has a reputation as being a bit old and run down. It is fairly close to the Swissotel.

Of the hotel mentioned the Sofitel has the nicest location on the lovely Gendarmenmarkt.

As said the Esplanade is a bit cut off,from both West and East.

The Radisson probably has the best location for bars and going out, though I was not that keen on it when I have been in for drinks.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

It all depends on what you want. Mitte is more up-scale touristic and expensive, Ku'damm is rather boring and areas like Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain and Neukölln are also touristic, but more alternative (though alternative is the mainstream in Berlin).. Just read some information on Berlin and you will find out for yourself what suits you best.

9. Re: Where to stay in Berlin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:18