We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3045 Meikirch
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

warnings:

this agency indicates rates in your local currency as total price with a certification at the end of the transaction, that this amount has been recieved from your credit card acount. But in fact they charge your acount in Euros that shall be convertet by your creditcard and therefore you are going to pay more in your currency than the certified price at the beginning.

Questions and pleas to the survice team are handled unfriendly and without any satisfactory outcome in a real German manner!

32 replies to this topic
Heraklion, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

I am very concerned having been asked by 9flats to provide a colour copy of my passport for security reasons. I wonder why it's taken 12 months to ask for this before I can advertise my property. I was under the impression my property was already on their website............no wonder I've had no enquiries from them.

I would never provide anyone with a colour copy of my passport which they do not want scanned or photocopied.

Stolen identities and forged passports result from sending passport copies in colour to unknown companies!

Will be interesting to see if I get a reply.

Stick to Airbnb they are brilliant

Nottingham
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

Did anyone get any contact information for 9flats? My host has just cancelled our accommodation in San Francisco booked in Jan saying it is double booked (but only after I emailed him with a query!) I have no confidence in the host (Tommy Payne) or the agency but need to know how I can get help to get my money back and arrange an alternative. Wish I'd read this forum first!

1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

Hi we had booked apartment on 9flats and we paid money and when we came we didnt find the addres and idea if we have been cheated.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

"in a real German manner"

I'm glad you mentioned that, leitstrahl, I thought I was the only one who found that comment pretty offensive.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

In the interests of fairness would just like to add that both the host and the agency have since responded and the fault was a mistake on the part of the host not the agency. The host has been very apologetic. Re-booked through Airnb and the experience has - so far - been positive.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

As Elmer Fudds' now well known saying goes ...Be careful...be VEWWY careful " and I use this now to warn my trusting fellow wanderers when booking with 9flats!!

In NYC recently we were involved in an amazing fracas involving south Korean "students" whereby we actually never came face to face with the HOST/s ...ever....rather we dealt with a number of these young people( a different person every time ) ...our first night was in a different flat due to double booking...and the property was not as advertised ...A Jacuzzi ...a garden? and I might add here that as I type....that these two "facilities" are still being advertised by this "HOST" ....and a bed which crashed to the floor in the middle of the night ...no snickering please ...we are both septegenarians and our days of wrecking beds are well behind us!! and it was utterly impossible to deal with these people . Emails not answered....mobile calls ditto...and it wasn't until I engaged the services of the NYC Police Department ...yes!! the renting out of flats/units for less than one month is illegal in NYC .reason? hotels etc have to pay a bed/room tax ..a State tax.. for each night and these people are doing so illegally in that they "forget" to pay these taxes sometimes.

I was very fortunate that I must have rattled their chain sufficiently and I received a full refund ...I must also add that I had to go very hard with 9 flats to get their commission back .They believed that they had done their share of the bargain and that their fee ...some $200+ ...was rightfully theirs?

After I "reasoned" somewhat with them they saw common sense and refunded their commission .and I was $30 or so out of pocket. ..but lucky to have any at all.

I must therefore state now that hell will freeze over before I would use 9flats ...or recommend them ...

I write this review via Trip Advisor simply because it is not possible to do so via the 9flats website ...don't believe me? try then yourself...

They would do well to withhold paying the host until they first make contact with the renter .

I found it impossible to do so due to the Wi-Fi (free) was NOT usable and by the time I was able to find a phone # for 9flats (yes ...add me to the long list of reviewers here who also found it impossible to locate a phone #) I was imformed that "So sorry...we have already paid the host so there's nothing we can do about it" ...nice ...eh?

Ssssssooooooooo again I must say

"Be careful....be VEWWY careful " when using these on line booking agencies.

PS...I speak from experience ...we had a similar problem in London a week or so before NYC ..same modus Operandi ,,where they notified a week before that they couldn't provide the unit due to "water damage" but they could provide me with a replacement for the same $.

Luckily I checked the place ...a hotel and found I could get it for$400 less. so I demanded they refund my money and I dealt directly with the hotel...and it was a top place The Citadine in Northumberland ave ..just off Trafalgar Square .Perfectly located and well managed...

I eventually did get my refund of my FULL Payment but only after the agency Booking.com leant on them ..

So ...be careful

Decatur, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

I could not agree more with the people who report that customer service at i9Flats is worse than horrible. Their representatives are arrogant and downright hostile. I am not sure why they resort to rudeness when speaking with customers. Are they over worked? Are they under paid? Do they hate the lodging business? They need to monitor their calls and improve customer service. Too late for me though, I will not be doing business with them.

Andalucía
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

This is my horrible experience with 9flats:

I booked and paid for an apartment in Cologne (by the way, the host was called Andreas and he has many apartments published in different websites. I wouldn't like anybody to have the same awful experience as me). He had replied to some emails before booking, but after paying I got no news from him so I had to call him 4 days before departure to make sure what time I had to check in. After phoning him he wrote to me saying he had booked the apartment to someone else and he had to cancel my reservation.

I was going to travel with 3 little children and if I hadn't phoned him I would have been in Cologne, right in the apartment's door, without any place to spend the night in.

9flats did nothing. I got my money back but I got no compensation and neither the possibility of writing a review about this host on their website to warn other travellers (as I hadn't stayed in his apartment I couldn't write a review, they told me).

It's the worst experience I've ever had when booking accommodation and I can say I travel quite often. I'll never book with them in my life.

Co. Durham
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

9FLATS.COM Do NOT book with these people!

I booked an apartment with them last week all was confirmed on line and seemed OK. I had received no further correspondence from them so I e-mailed to check that all was OK - no reply from the agent. I checked the website and was concerned that the flat that I had rented in Girona was no longer on their website. I e-mailed them on the web site to confirm my booking again without reply. I then found a link on their web-site to create an account and manage your booking. This I did - I then discovered that my booking had been cancelled the very next day.

Checking my bank account I had been refunded but had lost out to the tune of £32

Hamburg, Deutschland
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com

Dear Mrsam99,

thank you for sharing your experience here with other users.

Maybe you could support us with the booking reference number, because we are a bit confused about your statement here.

You could reach us from Monday till Friday between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. (German time) under the following numbers:

France +33 (1) 82880323

Germany +49 (30) 983216799

Italy +390 (6) 62291752

Spain +34 (96) 0653233

UK +44 (203) 5149450

And regular all emails are answered within one working day.

We are very interested to check the details of your complaints.

Kind regards from Hamburg

your 9 Flats team

Reply to: rental of an apartment with 9flats.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted