We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin Nightlife

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daventry, England...
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin Nightlife

Hi Guys

Im staying in Aldea Novum Berlin Centrum .Apparently the hotel is opposite Buelowstrasse U-bahn station. We’re on a stag do from 21st June, coming back on the 24th, so after places to go for Friday, Saturday and probably Sunday too!

I know the Germans love their techno and grunge music, but we’re after bars and clubs that are more commercial.

I’m trying to get my head around the good nightlife districts of Berlin and how accessible they are to one another.

Thoughts and recommendations welcome!

Thanks

Russ

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin Nightlife

Nightlife in Berlin is spread all over the city; Berlin itself is spread out so some travel will be necessary. Areas you want to look at include Hackescher Markt/Oranienburger Strasse, Kastanienallee, Kottbusser Tor and Simon-Dach-Strasse. For listings, check www.zitty.de but note that it's in German.

Cholsey, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
486 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin Nightlife

Hi Russ

I'm.staying at the Aldea Novum in January. Whats the location like? And is the hotel any good?

Cheers

Alex

Daventry, England...
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin Nightlife

Hi Alex

Location is ok. One thing I quickly learnt about Berlin is, you must be prepared to take a taxi everywhere! So be prepared. The area around the hotel has a few local cafe/restaurants, but I would reccomend travelling further into MItte for a good choice of food/bars.

Hotel was fine for a stag do. Basic rooms, but clean, tidy and enough space for 3 blokes sharing!

Whats the circumstances of your trip?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin Nightlife

A taxi, really?

When I go in the summer I always rent a bike for a couple of days and go everywhere I want. But you can use public transportation as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berlin Nightlife

>One thing I quickly learnt about Berlin is, you must be prepared to take a taxi everywhere!<

That is completely ridiculous. Not that there's anything wrong with Berlin taxis: the fares are reasonable and the drivers usually know their stuff. But in a city with an excellent public transport network, it isn't necessary to "take taxis everywhere", or at all, unless that's your preferred mode of travel and you can afford it.

Cholsey, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
486 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Berlin Nightlife

Hiya

Thanks.

Just a trip with mates, so to see a bit of Berlin, b'it of nightlife.

Do you know if there's a car park at hotel?

Daventry, England...
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Berlin Nightlife

The view from our room was a car park which I presume was connected to the hotel.

Do you know where you're planning on going out?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Berlin Nightlife

Some other nightlife areas are

Kreuzberg - Bergmannstraße and around or the area around Görlitzer Bahnhof

Charlottenburg - around Savignyplatz you also find some nice bars and restaurants

9. Re: Berlin Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:17