We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What type of German Beers are in Berlin?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,299 posts
523 reviews
Save Topic

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What type of German Beers are in Berlin?

While you might not find some of the very locally limited beers there, you will probably find most of them in berlin. I'd say about 90%...

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What type of German Beers are in Berlin?

how do you mean? what type of beers are available in berlin or what type of beer is a speciality of berlin?

there are a lot of different german beers available in berlin in various different places, originating from various different parts of germany if you want advice on this i can help you, if you mean what beer is a speciality of berlin, well i guess that would be berliner weisse, a sour wheat beer. it used to be drunk on its own but is now more commonly drunk with a shot of either raspberry or woodruff flavour syrup in it to sweeten it, if you order a berliner weisse you will usually be asked "rot oder grun" (red or green-raspberry or woodruff) if you want it on its own simply say "ohne schuss"

the biggest selling type of beer in berlin is undoubtedly pils (as it is with the rest of the country) there are a few local brands (berliner pilsener and kindl and schultheiss) you will also see some schwarzbier in a few pubs (a black lager). most brewpubs will usually brew a pils, a dunkles (dark beer) a hefeweizen (wheat beer) and sometimes a seasonal special.

Hope this little bit of info helps, if you want anymore specific info let me know

3. Re: What type of German Beers are in Berlin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 06:17