We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reichstag no reservation? Help

canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Reichstag no reservation? Help

I made the big mistake of not consulting this forum re reservation for Reichstag dome visit. Are there any times that you can you just show up and see if there are any cancellations(withot reservations).Is there a standby line? I am trying to book online and the earliest time slot is a day after we leave.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,760 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

The short answer is "sort of". You cannot just show up and hope, but there is now a registration office across the street (near the Berlin Infostore) where it seems you can register in person for a small number of spare slots. You probably need to get there early to see what's available and to be flexible.

Caveat: this is based on walking past it several days ago without actually stopping to see what was happening. But there was a line of people, an availability chart, and the Reichstag logo, so it's a good guess.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

When we were there on the busy first Sunday in May an attendant was explaining to someone that there were slots available for that day.

This was around 3pm so there is probably a good chance you can get in.

Really worth doing.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

NB you will need proper ID on you (passport or national ID card) as they want names and dates-of-birth (already aslked for when you pre-book and checked at security)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

How far in advance can you book for the tours?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,943 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

That depends on whether you want a tour or a dome visit. For dome visits, they are booking through July . For tours, I saw booking times available in September. ( Imdidn't check later than that).

If you want an Elglish-language tour, best to book ahead so you can get a time you want.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

Thanks. I had thought from other posts that you can only get in when you book a tour now. We are coming in November, so I will start looking when I have a mo.

west midlands uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

I booked in April for July and got a confirmation in a day or so.

Looking forward to our visit - I've booked the English language tour and then the Dome visit after. Got 6.30pm tour which is good.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,943 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

PennyW, there was some conversation earlier about reservations for the "dome-only" visits not being available after July 1. One could, however, book guided tours into September and possibly later. Now they have started taking domevbisit bookings for July, but not August. So it appears they have a "rolling" reservation system, only taking dome visit bookings a month at a time. It makes sense as they are probably swamped with requests! At any rate, I am planning on looking online later, in late August, for our mid-September visit.

palo alto
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

I had no reservation. I went to the ticket line across the street from the entrance around 17:45 on Sunday. They were booked up until 21:00. However, I got to the front of the line and showed my passport, they said they had avail right now, so I could just go across the street with a group and head right in. No wait at all! Worked out great, but I wouldn't count on this happening.

Edited: 25 June 2013, 22:09
New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Reichstag no reservation? Help

I just had breakfast at the Reichstag rooftop cafe this morning, which I booked on Monday night, Breakfast for the three of us was EU70, and we enjoyed it immensely. (Got there at 8:45 AM, no line, and enjoyed the walk up to the top with but a handful of fellow travellers.

Here's the link to the webpage for the restaurant:

http://www.feinkost-kaefer.de/dt_bundestag10/

Get bus 100 from the Zoo Garden (it originates there) which drops you at the corner. Cross the street, and head left for half a block to the Visitor's Center where cheerful security personnel will guide you through the entry process.