We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waldbuhne concert venue information

west midlands uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Waldbuhne concert venue information

I'm going to Berlin next month and am going to the Waldbuhne concert venue to see Muse. Staying at Alexanderplatz so travel seems easy enough.

What I was wondering is where are the entrances and exits?

I'd like to be near the exit at the end of the concert to get a head start for the train back - as having been to lots of concerts I know it's best to leave promptly to get back to the trains.

I was thinking of using the Pichelsberg S bahn to get back but can't work out where the entrances/exits are - if they are at the top or bottom of the venue?

I was also wondering if anyone knows if you can take cameras in? Only a small camera - the FAQ says no cameras but I've never known a venue ban small cameras only professional ones.

I'm presuming there are bars and food stalls in there as it says you can't take food in - I'm hoping there are some veggie/vegan options amongst those.

It looks such an amazing venue I can't wait to visit there and of course Berlin (I somehow know I'm going to get the Berlin bug and will want to return again and again......

Thanks in advance for any replies. I'm going to the concert on my own as my friend I'm going on holiday with is not a Muse fan so want to be organised and know where I'm going!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waldbuhne concert venue information

This might help for the station - http://www.bahnhof.de/#station/22041 - on satellite view it looks like the exit nearest Waldbühne will be at the back of the train.

This should help for the Waldbühe - http://www.waldbuehne-berlin.de/service.html - on the FAQ it does say that no alcohol can be brought in and cameras are forbidden, as are coolbags and picnic baskets.

west midlands uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waldbuhne concert venue information

Thanks Darren I'll have a look.

I did see it says no cameras but I've never known small company cameras being banned at gigs - I might try emailing them to check. If its a no then will switch to camera phone but that's not as good as my camera.

I shall risk taking some snack bars or fruit in as I doubt the burger bars/vans will have vegan options the worst security would do is ask you to eat any snacks before you go in.

I shall try to be near the best exit for the train from the venue - to try and avoid the queues after to get to the station.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waldbuhne concert venue information

The main entrance is at the back of the venue, sometimes the also open up a smaller exit on the side (if you look down on the stage it is on the left side). They control your bag when going in but never had any problems with my small camera when I took it along. It's basically forbidden at every concert venue in Berlin but as many people have a mobile phone with a camera nowadays they don't say much as long as it is not a proffesional camera or video camera. That is my experience at Berlins concert venue over the past couple of years.

The nearest S-Bahn Station is Pichelsberg. The only way you can avoid queues - if at all - at this station or the nearest underground station (Olympiastadium) is to leave before the concert is finished. ;-) The Waldbühne is in the western part of Berlin and the majority of people will go towards the city centre and you will probably have to queue even when leaving just after the concert has finished.

As for taking fruit or snack bars they might not say much. The worst thing which can happen is that you have to throw it away or eat it before entering. The have food stalls and usually a variety of things but most things are fast food. The food stalls often vary from concert to concert or venue but I've never seen vegan option but sometimes veggie options.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waldbuhne concert venue information

Well, I have been to football matches at a full (60,000 +) Olympic Stadium and have always managed to get back to central Berlin within the hour. I don't know how far the Waldbühne is from S-Olympiastadion, but it might be worth trying that.

Wivenhoe, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waldbuhne concert venue information

I am so glad I've seen this post as I am also going to the Muse gig (hey alit, how EXCITED are you? I am a SUPERMASSIVE fan!!) and this info is of great help so thanks to everyone for the info :) I've been to Berlin before and absolutely loved it but not to this venue so I had also been wondering about the camera situation as we weren't allowed to take cameras into the Stadionok in Budapest for Coldplay but then saw loads of people around us with compact digitals and we didn't get any photos :( so we are going to risk ours this time...

west midlands uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waldbuhne concert venue information

Hi there - I'm mega excited as I'm seeing Muse but also as its such an amazing opportunity as I've never been to a concert abroad - I brought the ticket thinking of going for a weekend break then realised my friend wanted to go to Berlin (but not to Muse) and we've ended up with a weeks holiday to Berlin - I have read up in guide books watched dvds and found out so much on here its wonderful - Berlin has become more interesting and wonderful by the day - I can't wait to go!

I think I'll risk my camera - I think it will be ok - I hope!

Wivenhoe, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waldbuhne concert venue information

You will love Berlin, it's hard not to because it's such a cool, diverse and friendly city, I can't wait to go back either. Enjoy the gig, I know I will, the crowds will be mental! The weather forecast is looking peachy as well, just right for a river trip down the Spree, hanging out in Kreuzberg (my favourite area), chilling outside one of the beach bars and for having an ice cold stein of beer in the Tiergarten - I can almost taste it now! If you like street art and urban culture and would like to see the darker, more alternative side of Berlin I can highly recommend the free walking tours that start from Alexanderplatz (outside the coffee shop, can't remember if it was a Costa or Starbucks) at 11am. It was one of the best things I did, the guide was an Englishman and he was absolutely brilliant and made it so interesting :D

8. Re: Waldbuhne concert venue information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:17