We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milan, Italy
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

I was SHOCKED at the rude service at Brasserie Le Faubourg, because were not staying at the hotel, and were dressed casually, we were asked to pay for our food and drink in advance!!! What is that about. I reacted angrily and after having a few choice words we left without ordering!

Later in the trip, we found another brasserie, that was totally different. Franke Brasserie gave us a proper German welcome, friendly and warm. food was great (mmmm steak) drinks and deserts too.

Has anyone else experienced this disgusting behavior at Brasserie Le Faubourg?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

Have you left a review?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

That is pretty appalling. I have never heard of anybody being asked to pay for a meal in advance any where. If they thought you were not dressed smartly enough for their establishment, they should have just said that they have a dress code. I have just looked at the reviews and they are pretty good, but that sort of reception is unacceptable. Make sure to write a comment, because they do respond. Would be interesting to see their remarks.

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

Wow - I can't understand why they would ask that. I found Berlin very friendly and accommodating towards tourists... Next time I visit I will avoid this place...

Thanks for that!

4. Re: Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 16:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
16,721 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

Ah. Here comes Franke's Brasserie again. And from yet another new poster. Strange...

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,394 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

Having stayed in the hotel and used the bar in the brasserieI find the story hard to believe! The staff were all polite friendly and professional. Having very few posts and some of those about Frankes makes me extra dubious. Frankes is now off of my list of places to try with so many spam type posts on here about it!

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,721 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

They'd faded out for a few days after a big rash of them, but now they're coming back. Let's be vigilant. I'm removing the one above.

8. Re: Brasserie Le Faubourg - Appalling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 07:19