We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry near Bernauer Straße

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry near Bernauer Straße

I am planning on visiting Berlin in September as part of a larger European tour. The visit to Berlin will be in the middle of the trip, so it may be a good time to do some laundry. Is there a place around Bernauer Straße where I could drop my clothes off to have them washed, dried and ironed?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry near Bernauer Straße

schnell-u-sauber.de/berlin-prenzlauer-berg/

I'm sure there are closer ones. Google the address of where you're staying with "Waschsalon" and see what you get. Service washes seem to be rare, but I have a vague memory of a launderette near the Circus Hostel which would wash and dry your clothes for €7.50 (this was a few years ago).

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,095 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry near Bernauer Straße

Alternatively: have you thought of renting an apartment with a washing machine?

Apart from the chance to do laundry, maybe at that point in the trip you would like your own space, the chance to "eat in" etc.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry near Bernauer Straße

Well, we are only going to be staying in Berlin itself for three nights, so it didn't really make financial sense to get an apartment. The good apartments I could find only got cheaper once you book a week or more, really. I'm quite happy with staying in a hotel, though.

We are also staying in an apartment in the city we are visiting before Berlin, but that's a bit too early in the trip to do any serious washing.

That laundry you posted looks like it could work, but it would still be an hour or so "wasted" in there. If anyone is aware of a good "service wash", I would appreciate it. Even somewhere a bit further away would also still be OK - I'm sure it would be easy enough to reach using public transport.

4. Re: Laundry near Bernauer Straße

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:20