We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

berlin itinerary suggestion

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
berlin itinerary suggestion

I will be in berlin for 3 days. Need some help to advise for my itinerary. Can someone list some attraction and how can i go there, nearest metro/bus/tram?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: berlin itinerary suggestion

Berlin has everything for everyone. Please give us some idea of what your interests are; what I find interesting could be boring as mud to you.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,514 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: berlin itinerary suggestion

check out the 'things to do' link in the top green bar

when you tell us what you want to see I am sure there will be plenty of TA members who can help withthe logistics of visiting each site

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: berlin itinerary suggestion

This is my 1st time in berlin, so idont know that much. I read wikitravel and make a list. if i miss something pls add and let me know how can i visit them by public transport. I will stay at alexander platz.

berliner dom,Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe,berlin wall,Berlin Wall Memorial (Gedenkstätte Berliner Mauer),Checkpoint Charlie,berlin zoo,Molecule Men" statue at Berlin Osthafen,

Another question: day card is valid on bus 100?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,514 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: berlin itinerary suggestion

I think a walking tour might be a good idea - it covers many of the things on your list. Do it on day 1 and then you can go back to re-visit things that interest you in more detail. The Bernauer Strasse Memorial Wall section is excellent and certainly worth including in your itinerary - it's not usually included in the walking tours. There are a number of tour options via the 'things to do' link

MD
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: berlin itinerary suggestion

There is a Berlin public transit app that was of great use for us. It plots out poin to point and includes where to transfer, how many stops etc. without it we would not have been able to master the subway. It even had some construction and ubahn detours. It is not as easy to navigate the Berlin subways as it is in London or Paris. The app was great. Unfortunately I deleted it from my phone and can't tell you what it is but I'm sure you will be able tind it.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: berlin itinerary suggestion

That's an amazing list. I would not bother with any of the items except the Holocaust memorial - and that out of duty. Berlin offers SO much. Its museums (art, archeology, furniture, history, technical, etc., etc.) are all wonderful. It offers Charlottenburg palace. Lots of embassies which are interesting. Huge parks. Boulevards, sidewalk cafes, cafes in the park overlooking a lake. Sailing. Lots and lots of water, flowing and not. Get a good guide book with lots of pictures and do some homework. You will be well rewarded.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,671 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: berlin itinerary suggestion

It's a perfectly good list, as long as it reflects your interests! If you stay in a reasonably central location in Mitte, near Hackescher Markt, Friedrichstrasse, or Alexanderplatz, you'll be able to access most of them on foot, and all of them very easily by public transport. And if you have time, do go and visit at least some of Berlin's world class museums and other attractions as well.

If you arrive at Schönefeld airport, you will see the Molecule Man on the way into the city. I wouldn't make a special journey to see it otherwise!

A walking tour on your first morning really would be a good idea: it would orientate you so that you'd be able to find your way around more easily afterwards. Look at http://www.insidertour.com/

All you need is a paper map of the U-bahn and S-bahn network which you can pick up at the airport when you arrive. You can get a bus map there too. The system is easy to negotiate: don't worry. The BVG Journey planner is helpful if you have an iPod/iPad/laptop with you, and an internet connection. You'll find a link to it on the BVG website, where you will also find all the information you need about your transport ticket options. And yes, your ticket is valid on the 100 and 200 buses.

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/index.html

8. Re: berlin itinerary suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 07:19