We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Germany Budget flight

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
250 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Germany Budget flight

Hi All,

What is the recommended budget airline in germany? I intend to take flight from Zurich to Berlin.

Is beginning of february still winter in germany?

Thanks.

WL

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Germany Budget flight

zurich-airport.com/desktopdefault.aspx/… AirBerlin and Germanwings are budget airlines that fly out of Zuerich, maybe http://www.kayak.com/ finds a good deal.

Yes, it's winter and often the coldest part of it, but then we had warmer ones also, nobody can predict it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Germany Budget flight

www.germanwings.com

www.airberlin.com

singapore
Level Contributor
250 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Germany Budget flight

based on your experience, which one is more reliable? i mean the punctuality, safety...

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Germany Budget flight

>based on your experience, which one is more reliable? i mean the punctuality, safety...

Safety regulation is a non-negotiable criterion of being allowed to fly, so there is no difference. Punctuality makes little difference for a specific case - applying long term statistics to single cases is a futile worry. Just go with the best timing and price. Use a search engine like kayak.com or similar.

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Germany Budget flight

You should post the question which one is better on the flight forum here on TA, after that you don't want eigther one I guess, but it's a short flight you survive, saftey is not negotiable in Europe as altamiro wrote.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Germany Budget flight

Punctuality depends more on the time of day than the airline. All discount airlines try to keep their planes in the air with multiple flights a day, and a delay in an earlier flight can possibly delay all later ones using that plane. I've flown both GermanWings and AirBerlin multiple times, and have no real complaint against either of them, and best of all they can be extremely inexpensive.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Germany Budget flight

On Germanwings you have to pay extra for any checked bags and drinks/snacks on board if you book one of the standard cheap fares. A checked bag will cost around €15.

On Airberlin you will get snacks and drinks for free and, except for the cheapest JustFly booking class, there is no fee for the bags.

In general both airlines are reliable. I've flown either one and they are both all right.

8. Re: Germany Budget flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 05:17