We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quirky, cool area to stay in Berlin..

1 post
Save Topic
Quirky, cool area to stay in Berlin..

Hey! My partner and I will be in Berlin for about two weeks in mid-January. We want to stay somewhere arty, cool and fun. Somewhere with bars, cafes, live music... I know East Berlin is good but where specifically??

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quirky, cool area to stay in Berlin..

Unless you head way out west over by the zoo then there are plenty of places where you can be in Berlin and have a good time. Because the public transport is so good it's easy to get to and back from other good areas.

Given a choice I'd go for the east end of Kreuzberg... which was in West Berlin but still has a East Berlin shabby chic feel to it and is arty, cool and fun and has plenty of bars, cafes, live music venues and also is pretty central to other good parts of town. (The west end of Kreuzberg has more of an authentic West Berlin feel to it ... still very nice though).

Prenzlauer Berg is very nice, originally East Berlin a bit more gentrified** than Kreuzberg but is also arty, cool and fun and has plenty of bars, cafes, live music venues etc... (** gentrified - maybe wrong term, just not so many rough edges than Kreuzberg these days)

Friedrischain would be ok as well... bottom line there is no 'one' place to be but a lot of places in Berlin are great and it's easy to get to other places.

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Kreuzberg
Kreuzberg
354 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Prenzlauer Berg
Prenzlauer Berg
522 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
2. Re: Quirky, cool area to stay in Berlin..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:17