We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,752 posts
538 reviews
Save Topic
How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

How many times have you visited Berlin and how long do you usually stay when visiting?

Also when you go to Berlin, do you generally go to the same places or do you visit different places each time you go?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,541 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

I first went in the early 90's for a week. Since 2005 I have been there 2-3 times a year for 5 or 6 days, though this year will be more ;-).

I saw the museums etc years ago and whiilst there are a few places still to see I get put off by the tourist crowds. Last time I tried there was a line down the street, guess that goes with Berlin's increasing popularity.

These days I am always with a car so tend to go out with friends in the city or last visit asparagus eating in Beelitz. Otherwise happy sit on a terrace

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,166 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

we had 6 days on our first visit in January this year - I wish we'd had more time. We stayed in an apartment in Mitte (near Rosenthaller Platz) and when I get back to Berlin (it such a long way from Oz) we'd certainly stay there (or that area) again. I loved Berlin and know we'll visit again!

How those of us from Down Under envy the english & other europeans their ability to just hop on a plane and be there in a couple of hours!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

First visit this year. 9 nights.

Not enough...will just have to go back!

Podgorica...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

It will be my third time to visiti Berlin this August (in last three years), an Every time as a turist. I've traveled a lot, and, in my opinion, Berlin is the most fascinating European city.

You can always do something different there. This time I will explore Kreuzberg district. I only spent few hours there first time I visited Berlin, and found it very interesting. This time, I'm staying i Prenzauer Berg, and will spend most of my time there, in parks, interesting pubs, caffes, maybe go to a flea market on Sunday.

For me, parts of the city that are off the tourist maps are eventualno more interesting then the touristy parts.

And then there is the Berlin's nightlife.

P.S.

If anyone has a suggestion what do see or do in Berlin i early August, please share.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

Way too often and I try to avoid going there, unfortunately because of work I have to go there every couple of weeks, awful city these days. It totally lost the charm it once had.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 13:32
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,603 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

I came to Berlin in 1987 and never left. What's that make, 26 years? :-D

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,719 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

4 times in the last 6 years. Each time for just 3-4 days. I visit different things, different museums each time. Wish I could spend about 2 weeks there, exploring at leisure.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,182 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

My first visit to Berlin was in 1969, for two weeks; my second in 2000, for three days. Three years ago, in September 2010, I was well and truly bitten, and began coming regularly. Between September 2010 and January 2013 I've made ten visits, sometimes of five days, and several of 10 days to two weeks - a total of, as near as I can make out, 85 days. I spend my time in the museums, looking into Berlin's complex, fascinating, chilling history, and going for walks in Berlin's beautiful surroundings, hoping to explore them further and get to know them better on future visits, but I've come to a stopping point for the moment and for the first time in three years haven't got an Easyjet flight to Schönefeld booked.

My husband was born in Berlin and got out in 1938 (for the usual reasons) which of course has given me a deep connection with the city and a need to understand it, and that is partly, maybe mainly, what keeps drawing me back.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 22:30
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

It will be my first visit in early Oct for my 40th birthday. My wife has booked it as a surprise break for us but she cracked under pressure to let the secret out lol. She hasn't told me which hotel we are staying but she has told me it's in mitte so we are really looking forward to it.

Going to try to eat and drink German and take in as much as we can as we are only there for 2 days. First of many visits maybe......

west midlands uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many times have you visited Berlin and how long you stay

My first visit was this month for 6 days, love it - knew I would! So I plan to return again one day.

I started off by impulse buying a ticket to see Muse at Waldhbune (spelling might be wrong there) stadium and it progressed into nearly a weeks holiday from there - so glad it did.

Wonderful city and its made me realise I need to see more and return to Potsdam - such a beautiful charming town. I'd also like to see other German cities too.

Yep I've got the Berlin bug but can't afford to keep going as much as I'd like unfortunately.