We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dvd shops in Berlin

Hull
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
dvd shops in Berlin

i shall be in Berlin in january and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the names and locations of any dvd selling shops in the city? basically because i will be looking for some eurovision dvds which the older ones (2004-2009) are rare in the UK and are always sold on ebay and such for high prices. so would appreciate anyones knowledge. thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dvd shops in Berlin

Hmm... best bets are probably Media Markt (huge branch in the Alexa Center) or Saturn (two equally huge branches on Alexanderplatz and at the Europa Center). Not aware of any standalone shops. Might be a bit niche though.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,868 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dvd shops in Berlin

Given the global nature of ebay and the internet in general, I would imagine that, even if yoou find some, they will still be expensive.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dvd shops in Berlin

I think you might find what you're looking for at one of the many flea markets, in particular Strasse des 17. Juni and Mauerpark.

Hull
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dvd shops in Berlin

Are the flea markets on during the cold weather in January?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dvd shops in Berlin

Yes, and another one you might try is the one in Am Kupfergraben, on Saturdays and Sundays.

Byen
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: dvd shops in Berlin

The Dussmann Kulturkaufhaus on Friedrichstrasse is mainly a book store but has rather large departments of DVDs and CDs.

7. Re: dvd shops in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 06:19