We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
908 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

Dear TAs,

Apologies if this question has been asked before on this forum. I did a search on the forum posts and also Museum Pass flyer but it's not clear...

Does the museum pass berlin gives you multiple entry to the museums included? For example, can I use the same pass to visit the Pergamon Museum twice on two different days?

Does it have a chip or magnetic strip that record a previous visit so you can't use it more than once at each site? Or is it just a paper card with first use date written on it like the Paris version.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Kevin

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

It's a paper card; I can find nothing that says you can't go to the same place twice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

You can visit the museums more than once. This is one of the boons of the pass: it allows you to dip in and out as the spirit moves you, and avoid museum fatigue.

KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
908 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

Thanks very much!

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
721 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

But it is only available for three days? If one wants to go over five days would you have to buy two?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

Yes.

But if you intend to visit five or more museums, consider the Annual pass, for 50 euros. There is a limited version of the pass for 25 euros which allows entry at certain hours: I believe after 16:00 on weekdays, I'm afraid I can't remember the weekend hours - Lynda, if she is reading, will know.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
721 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

Can one get the annual pass at the same places? I had thought that maybe a welcome card and the three day museum pass might work.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

No. The Annual card (Jahreskarte) can only be bought in certain of the state museums, one or two in each cluster. I think in Museum Island the sales point is the Neues. Check www.smb.museum for details.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

>I had thought that maybe a welcome card and the three day museum pass might work.<

It could, if you get them for different three-day periods. The 72-hour Welcome Card is the only one which has the Plus Museum Island option. You could use it for the Museum Island museums on your first three days, and get the three-day Museum Pass, which gives entry to all 55 State museums, for the remainder of your stay, and catch up then on museums you haven't seen.

You would then have to buy day tickets for your transport needs for the remaining days after the Welcome Card runs out.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
721 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

Complicated! I have to figure it out by my exact museums! Wished there was a simple way. Know I need the transportation part of welcome pass. Haven't figured out if ill get to hear any music yet. Annual pass can only bought at a few places ( not where ill be in beginning). Ill have to give it some careful thought.

KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
908 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Museum Pass Berlin - multiple entry?

The museum pass visitberlin.de/sites/default/files/museumspa… covers more than the state museum pass from the looks of it as well. 2x museum pass is still cheaper than 1 annual pass, unless of course you are lucky enough to visit within 1 year again.

I am after something for 5-6 days too.

Is it possible to get a ABC weekly ticket?

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/1236666/name/Weekly%2B+Monthly+and+Annual+Tickets/article/77395.html