We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

Can anyone tell me how easy or difficult it is to get tickets for this show? I can only find gen admission tickets on line for 78.80 euro. Having never been to this venue I'm assuming it's standing in a crowd kind of ticket? Wasn't sure if you can see/hear or if it's even worth it. Also what happens it it rains? Thanks..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldbühne

waldbuehne-berlin.de/elton_john_2013-09-05_1…

I've been here, but not for a concert - it is outdoors - pays your money, takes your chances on the weather

Edited: 16 August 2013, 22:00
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,280 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

Don't get the cheapest tickets. Last time I saw a concert at the Waldbühne my section was so high up I had to get clearance from Tegel Air Traffic Control to get to my seat.

san diego
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

Lol! Actually the only tickets they are showing are general admission.

west midlands uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

I saw Muse there last month - it's one of the best if not the best concert venue I've been to - just because of the setting and atmosphere - not your usual music venue!

All the Muse tickets were about 75 euros and general admission and about 18 euros for postage to UK!

I actually preferred the view from the back and the sound was really good - I loved watching the stage with the forest in the background and the amphitheatre - such a unique venue.

I did find the steps a bit scary though!

It was easy afterwards to get back into the centre - I was staying in Alexanderplatz and was back by 11pm.

san diego
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

Thanks! How early did you have to get there to find seats? Was it easy to get there using public transportation? We are staying near S-Bahn station Jannowitzbrucke, our 1st time in berlin. How long would it take us to get to the venue?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

As it is free seating you can sit anywhere you like and if it is just two of you it wont be a problem getting decent seats even later on. The earlier you are there after to doors open the easier it is to get a seat further down and nearer the stage. Anyway, I find you have a good view from almost everywhere but the further up you are the further away is the stage. We always try to get a seat somwhere half way down on on of the sides. If you want to be as close as possible to the stage try to be there when the doors open, if you don't mind being a bit further up than you still find a good seat an hour later.

It takes you about half an hour to get there. From Jannowitzbrücke just take the S5 towards Rathaus Spandau to Pichelsberg. From there just follow all the others ;-)

7. Re: Elton John Tickets for Sept 5th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 07:19