We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
scotland
Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to hotel

Hi there

We are arriving at the main train station in Berlin on morning. We are stayin at the Hilton Berlin Mohrenstrasse 30. Can anyone advise if the hotel is in the centre and what transport links are available costs etc to get us to the hotel? Also if the hotel is out of the city what links are available into the centre. Sorry .. My seem as if we have left things until the last minute but ue to personal circumstances we've not had chance to research.

Thanks

Linda

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to hotel

How can you book yourself into a hotel without knowing whether it is in the city or out of it??? Luckily your hotel is about as central as a hotel can be, at Gendarmenmarkt, one of the most beautiful squares in Europe, and walking distance from many of Berlin's major sights and sites. Having said that, Berlin has no one centre: the sights are spread, and you'll have to use Berlin's excellent public transport system during your visit.

The journey from Hauptbahnhof isn't long, but it's a little complicated by S- and U-bahn, involving changes and walks. The 147 bus goes direct, but you'd have to find it, and it might be a bit of a struggle with luggage. I'd suggest you take a taxi for a few euros.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to hotel

Don't worry, your hotel is in the city center. But you'll need to buy day passes for public transportation anyway, since Berlin is simply too large to walk everywhere.

There are day passes or passes for several days. You can find out about them at http://www.bvg.de, and this website will also calculate the route from Hauptbahnhof to Mohrenstr. 30 (simply enter the address in the destination field).

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to hotel

Petra: the nearest U-bahn station to the Hilton is Stadtmitte. But the journey is complicated, as I said. The 147 bus - which might be difficult to find in the welter of traffic at Hauptbahnhof - is at present the only direct way to get there, thanks to to the closure of line 6 between Friedrichstrasse and Franzosische Strasse. Until the line re-opens there is a long-ish walk between Friedrichstrasse and Franzosische Strasse, from where they would have to get the U6 to Stadtmitte. That's why I suggested they take a taxi. There is time to work out the mysteries of the system when they're settled and not encumbered by luggage.

scotland
Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to hotel

Thank you both very much. The hotel stay was a gift to us.

Linda

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to hotel

You might want to look up the BVG site and plug in your hotel and areas you want to go to. It is great I use it to figure how I want to get to restaurants etc.

It will give you options of which ubahn line and/or tram or metrobus

6. Re: Travel to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 05:17