We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing by Public Transportation?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Sightseeing by Public Transportation?

Hi all,

We're visiting Berlin next week for three days. Unfortunately, I've injured my leg so am not able to walk as much as normal (which would be miles and miles and miles). I can definitely walk up to a few miles a day, but preferably not long stretches at a time and with sitting down in the middle.

Considering that I love public transportation and we'll be back in Berlin for another visit soon when I'm healed, I thought this might be a good time to get an overview of the city by public transportation, and not worry about seeing everything in one trip. Don't generally consider myself a HoHo bus type, but if it's especially good here, I would consider it.

I understand there is a daily pass which will cover all forms of transportation, which we'll definitely get. Any particular routes that you'd recommend? Particular lines or bus routes? Looking forward to some of the trams, especially. Reading advice on this forum, it sounds like buses 100 and 200 might be a good start?

We're staying near Potsdamer Platz, if that's helpful. Thanks!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,720 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing by Public Transportation?

The buses 100 and 200 are one thing, there are several elevated U-Bahn lines (I think the U2 around Gleisdreieck station if I am not wrong), and the S-Bahn main east-west trunk from Zoo to Ostbahnhof is running on elevated tracks past lots of iconic places.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sightseeing by Public Transportation?

Yep agreed, buses 100 and 200; U-Bahn lines U1 from Nollendorfplatz to Warschauer Strasse and U2 from Wittenbergplatz to Potsdamer Platz, then again in Prenzlauer Berg. Some of the trams also go through interesting neighbourhoods.

London, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sightseeing by Public Transportation?

Great, thank you for the suggestions!

4. Re: Sightseeing by Public Transportation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:16